Mr. Cade responded to your posts!

I just got a letter and in it he responds to all your well wishes for him!
I’m going to try to copy it and post it here when I am at work tomorrow. If I can’t I’ll retype it out. It truly made his day, he said he was smiling from them all day!
:grin:

22 Likes

Hi Donna :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
I dont know who Mr. Cade is but please send him the best of luck and wishes from Trucker J

1 Like

He was (is) a big part of this forum and is doing some time. I will post his info again, he’d love to hear from the TS family!

3 Likes

Oh wow ok :pray: well its unfortunate i couldnt meet Mr.Cade here and doing time is NEVER easy especially when you have holidays coming around . Its amazing to see TS family having his back :muscle:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link !

1 Like

How wonderful! That must be a treat getting his letter and certainly for him as well.

You could take a picture and upload it, is that what you were thinking?

2 Likes

Yes… I was thinking I could turn it into a pdf or something at work but I’m gonna try posting now, lol
Thanks, Sassy!

3 Likes

17 Likes

22 Likes

18 Likes

21 Likes

Thanks for doing this @anon79808082 ! Great to hear from the man. It made my day too. Big hugs.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon79808082 for organising this and then posting the follow-up.
Many thanks also to Mr Cade for his thoughtful responses.
:+1:

4 Likes

Thank you @anon79808082 for managing this. this is really great. Accepting ones fate and even growing stronger is something only very few manage to do. My utmost respect.

2 Likes

Awe, this brought tears to my eyes. It’s comforting to know he’s doing well under the circumstances. I can’t wait til he’s back here posting again.
Thank you for doing this Donna. I appreciate this more than you know. :heart:

5 Likes

Wow… His story really moved me. Please give him my best wishes, I really commend his bravery and I’ll be praying for him.

2 Likes

This is beautiful, @anon79808082. Let’s see if I can help with some digital tagging that no one misses it…

@Mephistopheles, @CapriciousCapricorn, @SinceIAwoke, @anon12657779, @Thirdmonkey, @Lionfish, @MandiH, @Lisa07,
@Dan531, @Desire2ChangeToday, @Blondie1x, @Knives69, @Misokatsu, @claire-lo, @Hotic, @Girlinterrupted, @Yoda-Stevie, @SobahCobra79, @MoCatt, @Mno, @apes2020, @emc2018, @AyBee, @SoberWalker

20 Likes

Thanks Eke!:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Small thing for MC. Nothing but respect for this guy! Sorry I missed out, but here’s to him. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s always fantastic to read hand-written notes, journals and letters, which Mr. Cade’s responses seem to be!

He makes a point in his response to the wonderful Holly (@MoCatt). “Anything you might have gotten from me didn’t come from me, it came through me.” I had a little experience the other day that relates to this phenomenon. I was doing a guided meditation on compassion. And the guide took the lesson through feeling compassion for myself, and then for someone close to me, then for someone neutral to me. Then the hammer dropped - feeling compassion for someone or an institution I dislike. There is a certain national political figure for whom I have no personal respect and whose actions and attitudes I despise. And yet, I felt the energy of the higher power, of the universe, that energy that cannot be destroyed or created, flowing from the universe through me and into them. I still didn’t like them, but for a moment I could appreciate that (unacknowledged) fear was driving them, just like fear used to rule my life.

And I thought if an old carcass of a washed up drunk like me can get sober and be happy, maybe they can change too. Maybe.

I felt for a moment that I had become the channel that St. Francis of Assisi prayed to become. A channel of the universal and divine peace, just a shell to hold the peace as it poured over me and through me and out of me. Just for a moment, no longer. But that moment will now make me a different person, for a little while or perhaps longer.

Thanks for letting me share.

14 Likes