Musicians Unite

Great cover bud.

1 Like

I’m doing a piano piece now that I am having so much fun with. The incessant worrying about quality is fading and I feel so much freer with it now! I don’t feel like I have to share it, or not share it. I have a feeling I will end up doing so later though because I’m having too much fun with it now! I’ll just see what happens.

I just wish I had the piano skills to pull off what I’ve written… so it’s likely the piano will have to be digitally sampled and sequenced, but should still communicate the musical ideas just fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes you just gotta put pen to paper and fingers to ivory, and leave it all on the piano!

1 Like

A good friend sent this to me today:

2 Likes

So true! Just create! Most of the stuff I created is terrible, but the process of creating is what’s most enjoyable.

1 Like

Finally did it. Feels good to just get some ideas out instead of trying to make them presentable.

So, fair warning, this is an experiment, my goal was just to do a brain dump and not worry about getting it to sound right. But here. Written by me, played by a computer (my piano skills are not there yet…)

So much fun to write. Maybe I should do this every week :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Omg, James!!! This is AMAZING!!!

2 Likes

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy you shared!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

Holy cow, James! That is amazing! :star_struck: Duuuuuuude!!!

The heck you mean “sound right?” That was tight. Had no idea you could [compose] like this.

Is the song one of yours, too?

2 Likes

Oh, I should clarify! The piano is sampled… a computer is playing, but I wrote the song it’s playing.

Edited my post to state that explicitly.

1 Like

Man, that’s hella tight composition. And I do not use “hella” lightly. :+1:

Very, very cool!

1 Like

Thanks! It was hella fun to write. :wink:

1 Like

I’m impressed James. Really am. Well done for getting this out. Finally. Been waiting ages.:grinning:

1 Like

My fingers got an ouchy

3 Likes

Damn Mandi you sing like a superstar :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well thanks! I just enjoy doing it, soon I’ll have a quiet house so I can record new stuff again! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

When my wife was pregnant, I’d play the baby music at night. This is one of the songs.

[Link removed]

2 Likes

How did I miss this last time around? I’m “Watching” this thread! I love this track. It’s so soothing, I want to fall asleep to it tonight myself. :blush:

Edit: Well recorded and balanced, too! Full, warm, and sparkly on my monitors. If I need to hire anyone for recording or mastering, I know who I wanna go to!

1 Like

Thanks James!

I was messing around tonight and recorded this. This was using a new tube preamp I recently acquired. I love the preamp! I need to get the mic closer to the guitar so you don’t get all the background noise.

[Link removed]

3 Likes