Musicians Unite

Holy cow, I found an actual video of me singing! This must have been the only one I recorded, my bff has several older ones also as she always insisted on recording them, after much persistence I caved on occasion. This is from 2015. Clearly I need guitar lessons from you @Bill_Phillips, lmao!

12 Likes

A fine rendition of one of my favorite tunes. You have that folksy-blues voice made for a coffeehouse. Maybe get after it?

3 Likes

Nah, I just do it for fun when no one’s around but thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok…you and @Bill_Phillips…Duet. I’m thinkin’ Paradise By The Dashboard Light.

4 Likes

Oh god, lmao, I forgot that could be a real possibility! Ok, we will try to do that, but not that song I’m an alto lol. And I’ll leave the guitar playing up to you but I’ll bring it! Haha

2 Likes

I like it!!

1 Like

I love your voice. Do you take requests? Indigo Girls?

1 Like

Haha, I may! Depends on how easy the chords are, I super suck at the guitar and only have the basics lol

1 Like

Wow, Bill. I just listened to your son. What a lovely, talented young man. You have every reason to be proud. He takes after his Papa is the best ways possible.

2 Likes

That’s amazing, so cool you guys do that. That’s hard! I should try to record the oldest someday, he doesn’t sing but the one thing he’s amazing at is music! He also does it by ear. I hope it gets him far because his people skills suck lol

1 Like

I can only hope that my boys find something they love this much by age 14. Amazing, Bill - really. He has the talent, and you’ve done a heck of a job helping him develop it.

2 Likes

I can’t understand a single word but I absolutely love it! Especially the rolling r’s. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bill!!! This is great!! I love the harmonica, I am so jealous of your ability to plan instruments and that you can write songs, you need to do more!

2 Likes

I just picked up my guitar for the first time in a few weeks, I can’t even make basic chords sound decent even after cutting my nails! Lol.

1 Like

You may want to turn the volume down on this one lol. Was messing around with a Meghan Trainer song a bit

9 Likes

Love that Seether song, you’re right I bet they would be great at that! Never heard of the other song but she does it well, I’m much more of an alto-hitting those high notes would be terribly questionable at best lol

1 Like

I had some ideas actually, I’ll have to look it up. Maybe I’ll get some more! :grin:

1 Like

Mandi! You sound absolutely lovely!!!

1 Like

I love this! :heart:️ thank you for sharing!!

2 Likes

Definitely NOT my best work as the last I sang was January, but I figured why the hell not :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes