My daily check in

Instead of making a new post all the time I want to share something I’m going to keep adding to this one. It will also give me some accountability to staying sober too xx

6 Likes

Well I did it. Hubby and I went out for lunch today. Stayed clear of the pubs and bars but ended up in a pizza chain. I drank a bitter lemon and hubby in support had a lime and soda.

Unfortunately the food was terrible which nearly made me waiver towards the shelves and shelves of red wine which were around the restaurant. But I didn’t. Instead I told our waitress the food was cold and she brought more chips.
So I made it :sunglasses:. Feeling rather smug with myself.

8 Likes

Good effort :grin:

1 Like

Good morning everyone.
Well I have survived another day. We even called at a local bar to pick some bacon up a friend had left us from Scotland. And I had a coffee :sunglasses:

Today we are going to a classic car show and then for lunch somewhere. I’ve got this. I don’t really feel any different. Nice not waking up with a hangover on a day off though. I didn’t use to drink on work days. Its the weekend I would forget and lose my days off.
Good luck everybody.

3 Likes

Hold that thought. That’s a good enough reason to remember why your not drinking!
Your doing great!:grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you. What a great group this is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Went to bar to pick up bacon lol, that confused me :rofl::rofl:
Good lass! Enjoy another hangover free sober day your doimg great :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Morning- good to see you!

Busy week at work then Coniston half marathon at the weekend and camping

Have a nice week :grinning::+1::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m really determined. And you lot and the checking in every day is going to make a difference. I’ve shared in my Facebook what I’m doing and got a lot of support. But it’s not like in here where everyone is after the same goal x

1 Like

Wow. Half marathon. Well done you

Your doing great. Keep reaching out x

1 Like

As nice, that’s near me! It’s a beautiful place love spending time there swimming and kayaking.

1 Like

Three days sober now. I’m sleeping better. I’ve started meditating again using an app I used to use ‘calm’. (Other apps are available). I use it in the morning to set me up for the day.

I’m also back on my diet. I recently lost 4 stone in weight and still was drinking. Then joined a gym which I’ve also been neglecting recently.

So this is the week I start looking after me again and putting me first. So Wednesday night after work I’m at the gym.

Stay strong everyone. One day at a time :blush:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Four days sober. Still here :blush:. I find the regular check in makes me more accountable.
I’ve been out and bought loads of flavoured teas. Something different to drink on a night time watching television.
The sun is shining here today. I work during the day and do the odd shift on the local bar. I used to run a pub.
No shifts this week but I have next eeek so that will be a challenge. I don’t have regular shifts more of a as and when to help out my friend who runs our local bar.

Stay strong everybody. One day at a time.

5 Likes

Proud of you lass!! Keep it up.

Have you thought of coping strategies for your shift in the bar? Might be worth having a plan in place xx

1 Like

I have yes. Not sure how it’s going to go. I don’t drink when I work. It’s after my shift I would have one before home with the regulars. So I’m going to tell hubby not to come and meet me after my shift and go home for my dinner. The shift I do is usually 4-8 so I need to go home for dinner.
Then if I do the late shift the bar will be shut. Instead of taking a drink as a tip I’m going to get a jar and take anpound and save the pounds up for something nice :blush:. Hopefully that will work.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great plan :+1: hope you get lots of tips so you can treat yourself to something really nice. Me I’m saving up the money I would have spent on drink for a massage to reward myself, can’t wait :blush:

3 Likes

Love that saying

1 Like

I’m saving to get my tattoo finished x

2 Likes