My first 24 hourss

Day 1 from staying away from perks/ fake perks. It’s been a long hard journey to just get to day one. Trying not to think about it. Staying busy at work but a lot of things trigger me to start thinking about getting more.

I’m worried about going home. I can never make it when I drive home from work. Usually texting my dealer when I’m getting off the exit. I ask my dealer to block and they did. I’m just afraid if I can’t get anything what I will do. Walk to Kensington and somerset who know what I’ll find down there death most likely.

4 Likes

Welcome Scott :orange_heart: Staying busy at work helped me. This online community has been a priceless tool too. I’m only day 35 but when I was day one I doubted day 35 was possible. Just get through today and tomorrow worry about tomorrow.

1 Like

You can do this! Even if just for today! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Do whatever you need to do to get through the day. Then the same thing tomorrow. Before you know it the days will start to pile up and you will look back and not even recognize the old you.

1 Like

Welcome to this great sober community Scott.
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:
Here are two good threads to start:

Lots of angry 2 a day power walks with Eminem
And 2 hot showers a day help me in the early days. Still does.

Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Welcome Scott! How did you do after work? When I got urges in my early days, I’d go straight to a meeting where I could be safe then home and right to bed. Hopefully you’re headed into day 2.

1 Like