My first day sober đź’ś

Hey guys !
It’s my first day and hopefully first of so many!
It’s not easy today… But I will get there :muscle:
Sending love to everyone :heart: a

20 Likes

Welcome here…congrats on your decision!!:slight_smile:This is my 2nd day of many previous attempts!!!Wish us luck!:wink::sunflower:

2 Likes

Welcome. I’m proud of you for trying to obtain sobriety.
I highly recommend checking in daily to keep focus in the checking daily to maintain focus thread.

I also recommend finding some activities to fill time like, running, cycling, working out, meditation/mindfulness, crafts, drawing, reading etc.
i also recommend reading on this forum a lot on this forum and asking questions if you have any.
Good luck, you’ve got this.

2 Likes

Hey! Welcome and well done on day 1! I’ve found this forum to be really helpful and welcoming, happy you found it! It’s not easy but nothing worth having ever is and it’s so worth it! Just remember 1 day at a time! x

3 Likes

Welcome I am sending alot of love to you too. We are in this together I remember when I first started just like you. Now I am at 121 day and not looking back. Stay strong my friend show the addiction who runs your body.

2 Likes

Well done! You have done a great job!
And thank you!:purple_heart: Somehow an evening with a green tea isn’t that bad :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :green_heart:

One day at a time. congrats. Keep up the great progress.

1 Like

This is my first day as well, I’ve restarted a few too many times but I’m so ready for a change :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

We can do it :muscle::purple_heart:

1 Like

Yes!! Let’s :heart:

1 Like

Im at day 30. Im not sure what to say to help other than if you decide to not drink for 30 days you will feel freat about yourself like I do! I want that for you.

3 Likes

Excellent @Bubonicphoniks!!

1 Like

I think, honestly, if I can go 30, I can keep going… It’s just getting past those triggers

1 Like

Only my 2nd day so I’m right there with you. Anything worthwhile is worth fighting for. Best off luck. God bless. :wink:

3 Likes

Congrats on your first sober day and a step towards a new healthier you!!! I hope that you see many more sober days to come!

You can do it. Do you have a good support system? I got a sponsor in AA and that was a game changer for me. I always balked at doing some of these steps and drank at every trigger. Always sounded like work. Its not, being drunk was so much more work.

I keep it light. I try to avoid heavy conversations with people thag arent sober. If someone asks me if i want a drink i just say. “Good for now” “long day” “im taking a break” etc.

I have been very happy to feel much of my anxiety melt. You totally got this. Message me anytime. Goes for everyone. First week was tough for me, but i was at work at had no access. Maybe consider bunkering up with soneone for a week or so. It got a lot “easier” as i went along.

I can only speak on 30 days however.

3 Likes

Great job on day 1 girl!!Hope you will start feeling better with every passing day!!Withdrawals suck though,at least for me(day 2)…Do you feel any??

1 Like

Good for you Jucha! Stick with it. It takes work but it is worth it. Lots to learn here, read around and get to know the people - we’re an interesting bunch but one thing we all have in common is wanting that sober life - it is beautiful :sunglasses:

Remember: you’re a good person, you matter, and your story matters. You deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self. You will get it if you work it, and never give up. Ever! You can do it sister :innocent:

I do, for the most part… I do live with someone that drinks heavily but I’m tired of it, I don’t like the person I am when I drink