My first post!/ saying no to Weed

Hello fellas!! I’m Alo! :star2::sunflower::ear_of_rice:

In case you are wondering Ale Marla is kind of the name I go for when I don’t want to write my full name down.

So basically I came here to get motivation for staying strong & away from weed! Yep, your 16yo gurl managed to get addicted to weed lol never thought it was possible.

Well it is and it makes you fucked up too cause I have been struggling with weed-induced anxiety since summer and it gradually became worse until in september I just couldn’t handle the mental state weed was causing any more.

But I didn’t manage to stay sober more than 10 days since then soo I’m finally ready to give it a new go…
And this time I really wanna push through. I’m afraid too much hope might be toxic too tho, and will occasionally make me crash even harder so I’ll keep it real… I’m happy with every day that I can keep going and try to enjoy the little steps.

I feel like a little supportive community might be just the right atm. Stay safe & lots of Love from Vienna💕

4 Likes

Im struggling with the same thing. Been addicted to it for 13 years.

3 Likes

Yeah, I really relate to weed related anxiety. Every time I would smoke I would get super paranoid and anxious and it just made it impossible to function in normal life. I quit 34 days ago after smoking daily for like 3.5 years and it’s been difficult. But trust me, once the anxiety goes away it gets so much easier! You can totally do it, I believe in you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Alo. There’s a lot of good information and great support on here. We’re all a bunch of addicts helping each other to get through each day. I look forward to following your journey. I suggest you join us in checking in daily. It’s a good form of accountability. Here’s the link. Checking in daily to help maintain focus #6
Here’s another link with lots of info New for 2020? Start here!

2 Likes

Good on you for recognizing it as in issue for you so early on. That is truly fantastic!

Stick around – this forum is tremendously helpful and filled with great folks from all around the world, all fighting similar battles.
Weed is a tricky one, but I found that the hardest part is the first 3 days or so. Gets a little bit better every day from there.

Welcome!

2 Likes

13 years is a long time but it doesn’t mean It’s impossible to change your habit! Do you have some things on hand you can do instead if you crave it?

Hey that’s nice!! Like your mindset.
A question that’s been on my mind for a while is if that type of anxiety may get better just by quitting weed. My thought was that Weed has released the anxiety so it is kind of too late to get back your normal state of mental health anyway. But another perspective would be, that since the substance is no longer in your metabolism it might change the way you think and feel long term. So I’m a little bit inbetween.

That’s right!! After those the only hard thing is to really stick to your decision and ro push through.

Thank you! Like the idea of addicts helping each other😄

1 Like

Hope sweet is all we have ,hope to stay clean
Hope to be a better self
Hope to keep tryi g
Hope not to give up

Hope can never be a bad trait good luck on your journey there a plenty of threads to keep your busy and maybe understanding what others have done to stay clean and sober.

2 Likes

Well you’re just right! The only thing that makes us less hopeful is the fear of crashing even harder if expectations didn’t fulfill. But gotta stay positive right:)