My Higher Power... God šŸŒ¹

Amen!!!

I grew up in it, but turned away for a very, very long time out of my own ignorance and thinking. The stories I can tell during those times are now testimonies. I have people that see me in my new life and hear of the old and tell me how that doesnā€™t even sound or look like the same person standing in front of them. I definitely should not be here today. Thereā€™s a plan for each of us. Thanks for sharing David. Itā€™s always amazing to hear more of Godā€™s love and work through others. Take it easy my friend

4 Likes

5 Likes

So inspiring, brother! Thanks for sharing. I love all the testimonies, they are truly so remarkable!

1 Like

Another song for the group :notes:

1 Like

4 Likes

Iā€™m starting a new journey in my sobriety and my growth with God. This is what Iā€™ll be doing in a group setting for the next 10 weeks.

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Today I was asked what false images I had of God. My authentic personal response

I donā€™t really know to be honest. I was a child raised in church. Became distant. Through all my trials and ugliness, those images I had as a child died. I always knew him and knew he was more than I could imagine from a young age. Thatā€™s why I never stopped believing. I was just so lost in my anger and hurt. I tried to take it all on myself. It was through my darkest times, that I have repented and accepted him. My image now puts me in a placement of complete awe. It makes my physical form feel non-existent when I focus on his spirit. He is in EVERYTHING!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been falling off lately cussing a little bit. It took me 3 yearā€™s to break that nasty habbit. So starting today Iā€™m going to be choosing my wordā€™s much more wisely online and off. I certainly donā€™t need something that simple defiling me or to use that kind of language around my kidā€™s like I used to. That ainā€™t who I want to be so Iā€™m going to work on it. I just wanted to share that with the group. :heart:

Matthew 15:18
But the things which proceed from out of the mouth come out of the heart, and they defile the man.

And hereā€™s a song for the group :smiley:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a struggle bus for sure. I have one of THE worst mouths. Itā€™s gotten so much better. I notice in all I do though lately, if Iā€™m letting myself be more in worldly ways ie, the music I choose, shows/movies I watch, the way I talk/gossip with others at work, etcā€¦ that habit starts forming stronger again in me. Why I do my very best to stay with the Lord in all I do. But itā€™s hard out in these streets lol
Weā€™re human

3 Likes

Yes it sure is lol I try not to let it enter my head because before I know it it comes out of my mouth.