My Higher Power... God 🌹

Thank you so much for this, my brother in Christ! Made me feel so much better in the midst of my depression and anxiety! God is great! Praise Jesus!

4 Likes

Amen!!! I’ve come to find times in my anxiety, sadness, anger, etc… best well spent in worship and focusing on Jesus with me. Give it all to him in those moments and rest in him my brother :pray: :blue_heart:

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

You post such wonderful things thank you :blush: can I ask, how do you find them?

4 Likes

Thanks. When I’m reading the Bible or Christian books and find something soothing and uplifting, I just google them. :blush:

5 Likes

Just wondering , I’m looking for inspiration: what are your scriptures reading practices look like? I struggle to open the book every now and then, so I find myself scrolling into different bible apps and listening to Christian meditation based on the catholic liturgical calendar. I feel like I’m missing something.

2 Likes

For me personally I use two different apps pretty much every day. I will sometimes go through my physical Bible when I’m listening to a book or doing a study on youtube.

YouVersion bible app- they have various bible plans you can pick and work through. Or you have the option of listening/reading different translations of the bible.

First 5- it’s geared towards women really but i think it benefits men as well. The devotionals really explain the theology of the scripture in a intelligent and biblical way.

My husband and I spend a lot of time watching apologetics videos on YouTube. My favorite channels/theologians are Spoken Gospel, The Bible Project/any Tim Mackie video really, Wes Huff, Bible Unbound, The Bible Show, Cliffe Knectle, Priscilla Shirer, Mike Winger

Hopefully this helps some :pray:

3 Likes

I struggle with reading the Bible as well. I tried to read it from the beginning but got overwhelmed very easily. I know it may be odd, but sometimes I just randomly open the Bible and read the page it lands on. Usually something sticks out that is important for me and where Im at. As mentioned, the YouVersion bible app is quite good. I go on the Glorify app as well. And I will listen to the online sermons from Elevation Church. They are spectacular imo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Totally me!!! I love this image, it really brings things into perspective :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Wow!!! One year sober today!!! Thank you Jesusā¤ļø

5 Likes

That’s so awesome, Brandon! Congratulations, my brother in Christ! With Jesus we can achieve anything!

4 Likes

Congratulations on one year out of those chains my brother. I pray Jesus’ name over you and he breaks many more. Keep rising

3 Likes

I have always struggled getting into scripture and keep it. When I first got sober and gave my life to God it changed in time. My cousin sent me a devotional book that I made a morning routine out of. It sets me for the day and gives me scripture to go with certain challenges.
I also use Youversion Bible app. I have a large icon on my phone that gives me a daily reading and I try to check in everyday like I do on this app. I really like using the search bar. You can type in any word or feeling and it will bring up scripture, lessons, etc… to what you’re looking for.
Abide is a good one that helps with a daily meditation as well. :v: :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you brother

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes