My last drink

You can join an online AA meeting too.
Congratulations on day 1!
I’m glad you’re here! :people_hugging::heartbeat:

5 Likes

Very glad you’re here Danielle. Seems to me you’ve thought about this well. Hang in there! Early on it can be a rocky ride at times.

You are absolutely right that we need a support system. This place right here and the folks in it has been my no. 1 support group for the past 4 + years. Hope it will be for you too friend.

As for meetings, they may be helpful too. Need all the help we can get! Plenty of online ones around. I know there’s a 24/7 women only one that’s pretty popular with ladies here. Maybe one of them has the address?

Wishing you all luck on your sober journey. Congrats on taking the best decision you can make at this time in your life. We’re in this together friend.

5 Likes

Yes if someone has the online information for the meetings that will be great. I hope I’m not going into withdrawals I’m feeling hot and a little shaky. I was cleaning up a bit while the kids are in the tub so now I’m laying down for a minute. My husband is on his way home so I gotta get it together before he gets here.

Whew day one smh……
I keep asking myself how I allowed myself to get to this point. It started with just a few cans here and there then It went to everyday and the next thing I knew I was going to the store everyday getting two 4 packs or when I went to Publix I would get the 24oz cans and get like 4 or 6 of them.
I was not really eating much of anything but still gaining weight. It happened a few months after I had my last baby two years ago and just spiraled out of control.

Ugh I don’t know I just really want to get to day 5 and if I can get there with no drink then i know I can make it

9 Likes

you can do it!!

4 Likes

Tons of online meetings found there. Including women’s only AA. Success!

6 Likes

How are you doing? Were you able to find a on line meeting to join?

Just grateful that you are here with us and working on your sobriety. Try not to worry about weight gain (i know it’s hard) – just focus on being sober. The weight will fall off as you stop with the empty calories and sugar consumption (so much sugar in one can).

we are stronger together - lean on us when you feel the urges – you can type “help” on the check in thread and someone will be around to help you.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

4 Likes

That is excellent! Withdrawals are tough. Mine were from 20 plus years of opiate addiction. I needed to go through that intense experience as a deterrent for future possibilities.

1 Like

Really glad you are here @Daniellegurl . Congratulations on Day 1. You are courageous and that will serve you well. Trying to see a physician is a good idea. We put our bodies through so much and don’t or can’t see the damage. Being a stay at home mom rules out inpatient rehab. Besides virtual meetings maybe Teleheath meetingbwith a therapist or I.O.P. if you can get help watching your kiddos. There sre many threads here. Take a leisurely look around. I have two favorites checking-in daily to maintain focus #58 and Daily Gratitude the Air of Recovery #5. Take it ODAAT. Look forward to hearing more from you.

@Daniellegurl Welcome! How are you doing? You’ve come to the right place. There is so much support and advice here. There is always someone online to provide you support so if you feel like you’re struggling check in here. :heart:

1 Like

Hey everyone I’m actually doing pretty good so far. I did find some online meetings that I can attend so I’m looking forward to it.

So I reached 24 hours sober and I slept like a log oh man!!!
I’m still tired but my babies just woke up so I have to be up right now but I’m happy actually.
For the first time I don’t feel hungover when I wake up. I don’t feel hungry or hungry and overly full at the same time. I actually ate dinner last night for the first time in so long instead of drinking my dinner!!!
I actually slept.
I don’t feel 100% but I also don’t feel like myself yet but I know it’s going to take more than one day to get back to that point but I’m ok.
I know I’m probably rambling right about now but I’ve haven’t woken up sober in so long that I’m just happy I did it and I’m ready to do it again today.
My only worry is that I have to go to the store to pick up my medicine and to get a couple things for the kids and I don’t want to be tempted because I haven’t been out the house without a drink in so long let alone in a store without buying it or driven without it. So yeah I’m terrified but I have to go ugh………

10 Likes

CONGRATS on making it 24 hours and waking up feeling so well! it really is a ODAAT journey and you are crushing it for sure. SO grateful that you did find some online meetings are planning to attend.

For me - i tried to shop for groceries in stores or markets that did not have alcohol. If this is not possible as you have to pick up medicine. You will need your ID for the pick up - can you pick up meds (the pharmacy is usually apart from the grocery / alcohol section - at least for us) - then drop off the meds in car along with your ID so that you will not be able to purchase any alcohol?

For this reason I also only got gas from Sams / Costco or paid at the pump at other stations so I would not be temped when I went inside.

We are always active here - so reach out if you feel strong urges on your outing. Doing great Danielle - keep strong :muscle:

5 Likes

That’s good idea about putting my id back in the car after I get my meds.

I’m also scared because I have to drive past all the stores that I normally stop at to grab a Rita. I always stopped even if I had a bunch of them I knew it would never be enough.

I’m just going to try not to think about it and go get my meds and the drinks for the kids and then I really want to take them to the park. I’m also debating on just coming home so I won’t be around any stores.

The problem is I can’t punish my kids for my illness either because they have suffered enough. I just wish every store didn’t sell that damn drink that had a hold on me for the past years smh……

5 Likes

I am with you on wishing that alcohol wasn’t so readily available. Stay focused while driving - focus on the kids - the destination and blare some good music . You are strong enough to not make any unnecessary stops.

3 Likes

I’m just getting in the car and I’ve had a very rough morning trying to get my medicine smh….
I want a drink so badly but I’m trying to push myself to go to the pharmacy and not stop at any stores. It’s crazy how my mine keeps trying to rationalize that if I just had one drink I would be ok and can continue being sober but that’s not how it works
I need all the support possible right about now

7 Likes

You are doing great. Reaching out here is wise. You are stronger than you think. Drinking won’t solve a thing.

4 Likes

Hang in there! The first day or two is the hardest and you will get over this hump if you keep putting one sober foot in front of the other. Glad you’re here and checking in throughout your day.

4 Likes

How are you doing Danielle?
Just seeing this now - sorry love. I hope you got your meds and didn’t make any stops.

When you are really struggling, i would suggest posting on the check in thread. More people are on that thread and you would have a quicker response when in need.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

1 Like

Thank you Jazzy I will move there I think I just want to hang out on this post for now just because I’ve gotten so much support and I just want people to know me a little better before I hop fully in.

So I was able to get my meds partially fixed I have to transfer them because of insurance issues and that’s where the problem came in but it was so frustrating.

I ended up taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for a bit after I left the pharmacy and that was my first time being there sober and we had a blast.
Then we went to McDonald’s to get the kids something and I’m sitting in the Burger King parking lot typing this. I actually bought me some food instead of drinking and I didn’t stop at a store at all. I still have to go grab the kids more juice but I think I will be ok.
I think I crave it more when I’m stressed out but I’m ok

7 Likes

Love it girl - you crushed it today and i’m sure the kids had a fun time with you at Chuck E Cheese.

Yes- for sure keep this thread active and alive – this is your personal journal and a great way for others to get to know you. I was just suggesting to post a SOS on the check in thread as so many more frequent that thread and someone would be on top of helping when the urges hit. No pressure.

We are just so glad to have you here with us and doing so well on your sobriety journey. Flex those sober muscles! Grateful that you did get some food for yourself today too. :heart:

3 Likes

I am glad you are here, checking in and getting support. :people_hugging:

3 Likes