My names Ross and I am in the withdrawal stages of coming off drugs

I am looking for anything that will help me keep off drugs so I thought I would try joining a recovery forum to see if it helps keep me clean. It has only been ten days since I last messed up but I am sick of the way I am living life and I understand I need to make the change now before it’s too late.

Outside of smoking crack cocaine I’ve enjoyed running for the past five years and now boxing, the boxing is just a bit of fun that’s where my user name chicken burger comes from by the way haha! but with the running I think I could become quite competitive if I quit all the silly things I have been doing, give it my all and get myself on a healthy diet. All in all sports has given me motivation to continue on in life regardless of what I have been through.

Day 10, here’s to another 10 days. Hello all BTW :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Heya Ross, great to have you here!

Congratulations on your first ten days, you’re doing a great job. A hobby, especially sport, is a good way to keep your mind off the things you are addicted to, so keep up the good work and most of all stay safe on your journey. Your addiction is a tough one I imagine, so take things easy. I wish you all the best, take care! (:

Thank you :slight_smile: sports mostly has it’s ups but the downside is whenever I accomplish something in it I feel entitled to mess up, I need to keep on saying no when this happens and hopefully it will get easier.

1 Like

Just take it one step at a time, it’s not easy to heal from those things. Also, don’t stress yourself too much. Getting and staying sober is a marathon, not a sprint :wink:

Keep up the good work, all the best wishes for you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ross congratulations on your efforts keep up the good work :ok_hand:

Welcome to the forum Ross!! Congratulations on 10 days clean!! My DOC was the same as urs. I came on this forum 3 years or so ago and its been a HUGE help! Hope it is for u too! Glad u have a hobby (running/boxing) to help motivate u. I do weight lifting and cardio usually 5x a week. It truly keeps me sane lol its like my therapy. Anyway, hope to see u post more!