My new journey

I’m new to this, but found it nice to have others to chat with… Today I am 8 days sober from alcoholism. Decided it was time to get right after I landed in the hospital for crises two weeks ago . took myself to do outpatient treatment . Dr gave me some great meds that have really been helping me ! I feel great, but it truely is a daily srruggle.

7 Likes

Yes every day I feel better being sober trust me I can do it

2 Likes

Welcome! Well done making such a brave decision to address your issue with alcohol. Alcohol is also my DOC (drug of choice). This community has been the main reason I’ve been able stay sober, there’s a lot of love and support here. Read as much as you can, you can use the magnifying glass at the top right to search for subjects you might have questions about, and check out some of these great threads for beginners:
Resources for our Recovery
Consider checking in daily with us to set your intention each day to stay sober:
Checking in Daily
Expressing gratitude can help when you’re struggling to see what is worth fighting for and being sober for:
Daily Gratitude Thread

I hope to see you around! You can absolutely do this!

3 Likes

Keep it up and stick with it. Hopefully the forum helps you as much as it did me!

4 Likes

@Nataushia, a big welcome to you. You are brave.

What @RosaCanDo said!! She is spot on. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi @Nataushia, welcome! :pray:t2::two_hearts: