My one year story

Well… I’m not crying theres, it’s just something in my eye! Thank you for sharing, your story is su inspiring and you are amazing for how you pulled yourself back up from the darkness. Huge congratulations on your year! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone, im not doing anything terribly exciting today just spending time with my girl then we will treat ourselves to a nice takeaway tonight, its celebration enough reading that ive helped other people on here and with my story, just to have all this time sober is like a dream come true, im ecstatic today :grinning::heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations on your year!! I am so happy for you and so grateful to share this space and journey with you. :heart::people_hugging::heart: It is amazing all that sobriety brings to our lives!! :tada:

3 Likes

Oh wow Kelly, thank you for sharing this! And a HUGE, HUGE congratulations on 1 year!! :confetti_ball: I remember when you arrived to TS and its absolutely incredible to see the transformation in you and your life. I truly couldnt he more proud. Huge hugs to you my friend! I hope that you get to do something nice for yourself today!

4 Likes

Woo hoo! Congratulations on 1 year! :tada: :partying_face:

Thank you for being so vulnerable and sharing your story. Such an inspiration! Glad we’re on this journey together. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks so much ladies, it was like therapy writing this post, im happy to share…to be honest and vunerable because im not ashamed anymore…yes i did things i regret and that hurt people…i own that but all i can do is keep going with my sobriety to make amends, i look back and know that i was truly ill with that horrible disease, i thought if i told it exactly how it was then people could identify with it and hopefully realise they dont have to feel that way either…there really is a way out… im glad to be on this journey with all of you too :heartbeat:

8 Likes

Wow, Kelly! Heartfelt congrats on your accomplishment! I’m inspired to continue on my journey, and am grateful to you for being there when I first reached out on TS.THANK YOU!!

1 Like

Congrats on your 1 year! I remember reading one of your first posts and it feels like so much time has passed!
Very happy for you! ODAAT

1 Like

Thanks folks :blush:

I already have this list on my phone…
Year 2 sober ideas…
Recovery dharma
AA 12 step workbook
Swimming
Self esteem work
Learn how to meditate
Positive psychology work
Weight loss plan

7 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year of sobriety Kelly. You tell your story eloquently. I am grateful you shared it with us Wish all the best for you and your daughter.

4 Likes

Thank you so much Billy :blush: :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Oh I thank you. I think everyone here on TS is a miracle. What a great and beautiful gift. I was told that it was a “timer” by an acquaintance from rehab. But when I looked further I found all these great people trying their best to remain sober AND always trying to help one another. Fucking beautiful :heart_eyes: in plain English (sorry)…i grok you fully as far as your dedication to your daughter. Rock on my friend. You inspire.

5 Likes

Funnily enough i did the same…used it as a timer first then discovered this place, i agree that its fucking beautiful…some of the things ive learned on here arent just about recovery but life lessons and advice that il carry forever, this place has made me realise why we as humans need each other…obviously connection plus different perceptions and wisdom on things from others that on our own we would have never even thought of…that to me is golden :sparkles:

3 Likes

Massive congrats on your year :clap:t2: :tada::trophy::star2:

Thank you for sharing 🩵🫂

2 Likes

Thank you so much again to all of you who have taken the time to congratulate me on this thread today, so many lovely things have been said that have literally brought me to happy tears…its made this little woman very happy thats for sure, love u all :heart:

6 Likes

Congrats on one year sober! :blush:

And thank you for sharing your story.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 1 year sober!! :tada::tada: such an accomplishment. Your story is powerful and an inspiration, thank you for sharing this with us. Sending you love :white_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

Huge congratulations, glad to be here with you. Here’s to year 2 :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Huge congrats Kelly!! @Starlight14

2 Likes

Oh this just made my night to read!
I always light up when I see Starlight posted, but this is truly special. What a beautiful testament you are to the gifts of sobriety. And a beautiful gift to your daughter.
Huge congrats to you!!!
Onward, friend. Thank you for sharing your story and yourself :smiling_face::orange_heart:

4 Likes