My sister just sent me this šŸ™„

Wedding anniversary card from my sisterā€¦subliminal messages. She really is not accepting my sobriety :roll_eyes: :joy:

That is just so thoughtless. Stay strong!

1 Like

No offense but your sister kinda seems like a dick.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve talked about this sister before, havenā€™t we? Lol. I think sheā€™s jealous! Just keep doing you and take the high road. You canā€™t force someone to see the light but that shouldnā€™t stop you from being it anyway!

5 Likes

Sheā€™s totally jealous.

1 Like

How thoughtlessā€¦ Thatā€™s not even subliminal. Thatā€™s just straight up in your face petty.

2 Likes

How incredibly passive agressive. Good for you for seeing it for what it is.

2 Likes

Not cool :expressionless:

1 Like

Itā€™s almost kind of hilarious.

4 Likes

Is she your big sister? Big sister- Little sister- Thatā€™s a thing you knowā€¦
She is absolutely clueless.
Try to find the humor and irony.
I get the weird sister thing.

Yeah my sister was on the outside circle, like sheā€™s so good at, in an intervention that my best friends/ drinking buddies did for me 20 months ago. I just saw her and those same best friends/ drinking buddies a few weeks ago and they were all stupidly drunk for the 2 days I visited. Thatā€™s called alcoholic denial.

1 Like

You should send her a big book for her anniversary.

4 Likes

Ah, clueless peopleā€¦or passive aggressiveā€¦only you really know her. Is she acting out or just not getting it?

2 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies. She is 7 years older and somewhat passive aggressive. I really canā€™t decide if itā€™s intentional or thoughtless. Iā€™m choosing to find it funny. I love the support from all of you. It honestly makes me stronger. Thank you!

7 Likes

Pure carelessness right there. Damnā€¦ Maybe you should just casually say something to her like, I got the card you sent, it was interesting and see what she says

I figured it would wind her up more if I just texted a polite ā€œthanks for the cardā€. So I did that and she hasnā€™t replied :joy:

3 Likes

On her next birthday or anniversary, take the time to make her a thoughtful, homemade card, and inside write something like this:

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue.
I am sober,
Pound sand, bitch.

2 Likes