My Sober journey šŸ’

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ā€“ congrats on your almost 5 months of sobriety.

Gift of books is awesome - enjoy your reading :heart:
giphy

2 Likes

Hihi got my 5 months medal (chip ?) Yesterday ! I didnā€™t expect to Care so much to have them. But I do. Iā€™m happy. I tried si many Timesā€¦also talk to a personne Yesterday who relapsed After 30 years. But is back on the sobriety road. She knew que was not alone. I know Iā€™m not so thank you for sharing :yellow_heart::sunflower::dizzy:

3 Likes

Very proud of you and seeing your journey. I can sense you are getting stronger and happier, and I hope I am right :+1:

1 Like

Thank you :yellow_heart::sunflower: I am. And Iā€™ll go back to bed a little because I feel really excited and sometimes these good feelings are too much I feel all over the placeā€¦
Hope you are ok :hugs:

1 Like

Congratulations on your 5 months :muscle::raised_hands:

YES!! This is gold and you should be proud of yourself for making it every single day.
We are leaving our bad clutched behavior and living life on lifeā€™s termsā€¦not an easy thing to do. Wonderful job friendā€¦ keep going strong :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you for the support ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It means a lot !!!

1 Like

Hello ! How are you all ?
Iā€™m tired and have a lot to do but trying not to stress too much. Still sober and donā€™t want to drink at all. Yesterday I went to see my old colleagues. Last Time I Saw them was when I leaved this work and WE had si much drinks, so wasted ā€¦they notices this time I didnā€™t drink alcohol but I didnā€™t mind at all and was still this super fun girl, laughing, singingā€¦happier. when I worked with them It was so Bad. Started the job while separating and trying to leaved and I find a place, the COVID etc and the job was so hard. They explain that itā€™s worst than ever. Iā€™m glad I fought to leave this awful place. And to be alive. Grateful for everything Iā€™ve been through.
Donā€™t wanna be in this place ever again.

Sending all my support and love :sunflower::revolving_hearts:

K.

2 Likes

So lovely to hear from you. Almost at your 6 months of sobriety :muscle:t4:. Thatā€™s gotta feel wonderful. Great job of mingling with old colleagues and not drinking. I know sometimes our old atmospheres or aquaintnces can make us want to indulge

Love this! Keep doing all that you are doing :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thank you ! :cupid:

1 Like

For me focusing on the future inevitably makes me think of the pastā€¦I need to break up the day into 1/3ā€¦one day sometimes seems too long but when I donā€™t think of today the aa road seems daunting and impossible so the lil devil in me says ā€œfuvk itā€ instead of the the good guy telling me ā€œlet that shit goā€

I learned that as much as connection is important, itā€™s more than human connection that gets us throughā€¦hone in on your spiritual and develop it like your life depended on itā€¦

You got this!!!

2 Likes

I understand :smiling_face:Some days itā€™s one hour at a Time. Still need to ajust thingsā€¦like too much interaction during the day is not good and I really need Time alone so learned to Say no to rest

Taking Care of our spirit. Thanks for your words :revolving_hearts:

Yesterday was 6 monthsā€¦got my 6 months chip tonightā€¦I kinda donā€™t like It ā€¦like itā€™s been already used ā€¦It donā€™t matter in fact but Iā€™m grumpy since Yesterday. Because I saw my doctor and Iā€™m not happy with the way the consultation wentā€¦

but nevermind. I had dinner with my AA Friends tonight. Got Big hugs. So feel better. :hugs:

6 months guys. Iā€™m proud. And day 2 without cigarettes

:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

6 months is huge and you should be proud. :tada::confetti_ball::muscle:t4: Day 2 of no smoking ā€¦ could this be the cause of the grumpiness?

You are doing a hell of a jobā€¦Iā€™m sorry about the doctors visit. I know our health doesnā€™t magically bounce back just cause we leave our addictions but our bodies do start repairing themselves. This would not be possible if we were still smoking and drinking. So heā€™ll yeah for paving a healthier way for yourself.

Join us on the Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) thread ā€¦a lot of good advice and support on quitting smoking.

1 Like

7 months and 14 days. Got this one Yesterday. 1 month and 14 days without cigarettes. Vaping just two three (I donā€™t know How to Say) breathe.

Iā€™m fasting for the first Time since 17 Years for the Ramadan because I Can. I 'm not really a religious person but I felt that It was a great way to feel connected to my Roots, my late father, and for people in the World suffering. It helps with the anger and I meditate / pray on mā€™y on World for mā€™y loved ones and for a better World.

:heart:

3 Likes

Great work friend. Love all the addiction free time you have gathered up. Great to see you doing well in your sobriety. Keep up the amazing efforts :muscle:t4:

1 Like

Got my 8 months chip and very proud but to bĆ© honest I have dangerous thoughts because I feel angry??? Thanks God I have a lot of meetings in Paris. and Iā€™ll start to jog this weekend. I bought cigarettes After 2 months but Iā€™ll bĆ© back on track ! Sending love :tulip:

1 Like

Thatā€™s fantastic friend ā€” 8 months is amazing work. Grateful for the meetings and that you will be getting out to jog ā€“ i know how the anger can eat us alive. Sending love right back friend - keep up the great efforts :muscle:
dU02UN60fx4BYY66U8

1 Like

Thank you :heart::blush::heart::blush:

1 Like

Hello :tulip: Yesterday I was in bar in Paris and It was great. My Friends were drinking a Lot but I was drinking mā€™y Mango juice and limonades and laughed a lot. I didnā€™t want to drink AT ALL. Itā€™s my New life now and itā€™s very great to be there and enjoy every part of It. I left and sent message to my Friend. I donā€™t know How she ended the night. Waiting for her text. But she read mā€™y message and I think that she IS fine. She Can stop AT some point. That wasnā€™t my case. Itā€™s thĆ© Big diffĆ©rence.

Also I go to AA meetings when I Can and this month just 2 Times. Itā€™s april so itā€™s the 4 th step " Taking a personal inventory". At first I thought It was about making a list of your defects and flaws. But itā€™s not. And I started to write about it. Itā€™s really powerful. Just wanted to share this.

Sending lot of Love :cupid:

Have a Wonderful day.

K

2 Likes

This is wonderful to readā€¦ getting a grasp on your life and surroundings and living your life with your new found freedomā€¦way to go friend. Keep working on your journey :people_hugging: