My Sober journey šŸ’

Your very welcome if u need me need to talk Iā€™m here

Hi everyone.

Itā€™s mā€™y second Time reaching 30 days and itā€™s not like last year. Iā€™m not thirsty anymore but I know how fragile everything is. But Iā€™m not too much in my head anymore. Iā€™m taking action this Time. And attending meetings everytime I Can. Started New projets and donā€™t feel Shame anymore.

Iā€™m grateful for all my AA Friends, and people here :heart: itā€™s a journey and Iā€™m happy to be sober and alive to Witness all of that.

Sending yā€™all love and courage.

One day at a Time

10 Likes

Congrats on 30 days Kadiatou! Thanks for the update. Great to see you doing so well!

2 Likes

Happy for you. Sounds like you have a good plan and thatā€™s great. Good to see you!

1 Like

Thank you Alisa :blush:

1 Like

Good for you @Kadiatou! :clap: :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you for everything Matt :raised_hands:t5:

1 Like

Congratulations on 30 days :partying_face: Youā€™ve got this :muscle:
I hope to see you around on here.
:heart::v:

Congrats on your 30+ days! Grateful that you are not feeling the thirst and taking action for a sober life ahead. Keep strong :muscle:

I realise itā€™s the longest Time Iā€™ve been sober since 2016 (almost 2 months :partying_face:). I enjoyed a 3 days weekends with Friends in a french Fest where there were a lot of alcohol. Second Time I attended this fest while being sober and Itā€™s very great expĆ©rience
I feel Amazing, and canā€™t wait to go to a meeting to listen and share with my AA Friends.
Everytime I feel a little upset, Itā€™s never for more than 2 minutes or less. Iā€™m doing my best and itā€™s great to be more gentle with myself and othersā€¦Iā€™m less stressed and in better shape to face everything and be supportive for my loved ones.

Reading a lot. Books, stories, your words hereā€¦

Have a great 24 everyone. Love :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Keep going on your Sober journey. Courage! :muscle:

1 Like

62 days and feeling great. Iā€™m experiencing for the first Time Peace. And everything Iā€™ve been thru, everything Iā€™ve worked for, every failā€¦was for me to be here and now.

Iā€™m not afraid anymore to be me and not projecting mā€™y fears on other anymore. And Iā€™m back to be the helper I want to be.

And Iā€™m Reading All about Love by bell hooks and itā€™s funny because I couldnā€™t find It or the Time I found It I forgot my walletā€¦but It was meant to be like this. Itā€™s a great Book and I feel every word.

I want to tell that one day at a Time works for me and to people who struggle, this is Hope because you are worthy of love, and everyday IS a chance to be who you want to be. Donā€™t be afraid to Dreams Big but donā€™t be hard on yourself. Trust the process. WE are part of the nature. We Can Thrive and WE will.

Sorry if itā€™s sounds like marshmallow talk but when you really reach that place waouw this is very nice.

Sending love :heart::muscle:t4:

3 Likes

Very good to hear, well done. I also got All about Love, Bell Hooks this week but not started it yet!

Keep going, courage! :muscle:

Got a New chip :star_struck: I went to a meeting Yesterday and wasnt thinking about Itā€¦It was the birthday of AA Friend. It was a beautiful moment. Then I met a Friend and It was really cool even if he asked if I am sure I donā€™t want to drink until I explain him that alcoholism IS seriousā€¦people donā€™t get It (I wasnt mad ). Today Itā€™s a Sunny day. Thinking about all of you wishing us to feel Peace. Have a great day. :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Big congrats lady. You get it and thatā€™s all that matters in the end. Enjoy your sunny Saturday :hearts: :people_hugging:

1 Like

Just Hit 80 days and saw this news about AdĆØle. And like many people I felt close to her and like her as an artist and person I thinkā€¦she seems really honest and that makes her a beautiful and funny person. Sheā€™s 35 me too and on her last album I cried so much on the song My little love ( In this album there is also a song I drink wine and I started drinking at 17, I think It was also around that Time I Heard her for the first Time " Hometown Glory" in the UK TVShow ā€œSkinsā€ where teenager were drinking and taking drugs etcā€¦)ā€¦but what do you think about this headline ?

2 Likes

Thanks for your truthful words and be proud of you ā€¦Iā€™m feeling with youā€‹:pray:stay sober for your little family :four_leaf_clover::sunny::seedling:

1 Like

Hi There. Today Itā€™s kind a Moody day. But Iā€™m taking think slowly and thankful that I Can. But my Brain IS starting to race.
I 'm writing down mā€™y feelings in my journal and put them into words and making the link to what wound or personality phase is triggered. Itā€™s a great exercice.

Today Iā€™m bringing my daughter at her father for the week, then Iā€™ll continue to read my Book (and maybe buy one too hihihi :smiling_imp::rofl:) and go to a meeting. It Always a great place to balance energy. Iā€™m not drinking today ( also I stopped smoking cigarette 3 days ago. Got my vape cig but only use It twice Yesterday because no battery :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and didnā€™t vape yet today)

Have a wonderful day Friends :hugs::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Itā€™s day 90

Iā€™m so grateful.

An AA Friend asked if I wanted to moderate a meeting on Friday. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m Ready or if itā€™s toio soon but itā€™s not the first Time Iā€™m being asked. But Iā€™m not avalaible this Friday maybe the next one.

Just wanted to had thanks for all the Sharing here itā€™s helpful. Sending love.

K.

3 Likes

Hi there. 107 days. Today started great I was excited, shared good vibes etc. And then started feeling downā€¦but donā€™t want to drink.
Went to a meeting. Heard great words that helped with what I feel. So I feel better. And Iā€™m grateful and lucky.

One day at a Time. And even if this World is ā€¦:exploding_head: WE Can try to start over. Everyday is a New chance.
Today I feel angry I want to fight and curse, let out those feelings. What AA did for me and this app too is to look and accept them. To be kind with myself even if I feel shaked by othersā€¦

Iā€™ll stopped there. Feel free to share and Iā€™ll read other topics on my way home ( Iā€™m sitting by the Seine in front of notre dame. Paris IS kind of calm tonight. But the Vibe is kinda weird :sweat_smile:)

Sending Love :gift_heart:

1 Like