My Sober journey šŸ’

Hi. Iā€™m not fine. Really irritated and want to isolate. Yesterday I really felt ā€¦ thinking about drinking episodes. I know itā€™s anger. But happy to wake up sober.
But the anger is still here and still want to be left alone. Also Iā€™m really tired physically because I was ill with COVID and I have chest achesā€¦

1 Like

We were talking in the meeting this morning that it is normal to feel anger. We need to work on letting it go.

1 Like

You are right. I need to dance It out or something :rofl: but Iā€™ll manage some time just for me without any interaction. Read and sleep :raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

It takes time to recover from Covid and i know my body was still adjusting to life without alcohol into 200+ days of sobriety. Be gentle with yourself.

I know that for me i was super irritated and quick to blow my fuse at the beginning. I have noticed that as my sober journey progressed, i was able to better handle my anger and not be so quick to react. It just takes time - we have a lot of healing to do. I do hope you were able to dance it out.

love this ā€“ enjoy your time and add in some self care to boot if you can. hope you are already starting to feel better. :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks you for your words @JazzyS ! Yesss you are right. A lot of healing to do and we are only humans doing out bestā€¦ I really felt like wounded and everything was threateningā€¦I bought a jumping rope on my way home and jumped for almost an hourā€¦feel better :raised_hands:t5:
Hope you are ok ? Thanks again for the support It means a lot :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Oh jumping rope is so awesomeā€¦ totally need to get back to thatā€¦glad you are feeling better.

Itā€™s a lovely low key Friday for me. Just grateful to be living free of addictions. :people_hugging:

2 Likes

4 months :partying_face: I canā€™t believe It ! I donā€™t want ever to go back in this angry and drunk place.

I woke up early because I was invited to talk about my work to students. And then Iā€™ll go to a charity event.

Greatful to be sober and live.

Have a beautiful day all wishing you the best :sunflower:

K.

8 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face::tada: thatā€™s great to hear.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 4 months :tada::tada::confetti_ball:
Keep going strong :muscle:

1 Like

Four months is amazing! Fantastic job!

1 Like

Awesome work

1 Like

Today was a lunch day at restaurant with coworkers. In a parisian wine shop/restaurant and many many great bottles. WE were 18 and only me wasnā€™t drinking. It wasnā€™t hard to Say no but the owner yelled when I stopped him because hĆ© was beginning to pour red wine in my glass" OH YOU ARE SOBER" like twice and then a waitress took off the wine glass. Then my collĆØgue told me to drink because this is expensive and very good wine and I had to tell that I donā€™t like to drink at noon.
Even tho last year I drank 4 glasses with her.

I feel great and donā€™t have cravings. Just for today. I wanted to share this.

6 Likes

Good job saying no and sticking to your values in front of your friend! Youā€™re doing awesome, I just read through your journey so far and itā€™s amazing, glad youā€™re feeling great and that life is better. Thatā€™s what itā€™s about right there. :blush:

1 Like

Oh wowā€¦thatā€™s crazy that the owner would shout that. You may just not like that particular drink. In any case - super proud of you for protecting your sobriety and continuing in your sober journey. ODAAT friendā€¦you are doing great :muscle:

1 Like

This is my birthday today. Made It to 35 yo and also Iā€™m almost 5 months sober :tada:.

Hope it wonā€™t be a difficult day emotionnaly but planning on gifting me some Books. So itā€™s gonna be great :rofl:And then go to a meeting and see family and Friends.

Praying for better days for this World and for people who suffers. Itā€™s my everyday wish.

I still believe in love and unity. The little girl in me is proud as I donā€™t try to hide anymore and not ashamed to believe in Love and kindness. Itā€™s 3 am here so Iā€™ll sleep and will open presents I received from Friends in avance during my breakfast :hugs:

Have a nice day everyone :sunflower:

3 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ā€“ congrats on your almost 5 months of sobriety.

Gift of books is awesome - enjoy your reading :heart:
giphy

2 Likes

Hihi got my 5 months medal (chip ?) Yesterday ! I didnā€™t expect to Care so much to have them. But I do. Iā€™m happy. I tried si many Timesā€¦also talk to a personne Yesterday who relapsed After 30 years. But is back on the sobriety road. She knew que was not alone. I know Iā€™m not so thank you for sharing :yellow_heart::sunflower::dizzy:

3 Likes

Very proud of you and seeing your journey. I can sense you are getting stronger and happier, and I hope I am right :+1:

1 Like

Thank you :yellow_heart::sunflower: I am. And Iā€™ll go back to bed a little because I feel really excited and sometimes these good feelings are too much I feel all over the placeā€¦
Hope you are ok :hugs:

1 Like

Congratulations on your 5 months :muscle::raised_hands:

YES!! This is gold and you should be proud of yourself for making it every single day.
We are leaving our bad clutched behavior and living life on lifeā€™s termsā€¦not an easy thing to do. Wonderful job friendā€¦ keep going strong :muscle:

1 Like