My Story starts today

Hi, my name is Miguel Angel but you can call me Miguel or Mike. My DOC was Marijuana, cocaine, shrooms. I decided that at Jan 6, 2022 at 1am I am going sober. I was so into my addictions that everything I loved no longer felt the same, I wasn’t the same. To all who read this I love you, and you are NOT ALONE. One Love :heart:

18 Likes

Welcome Mike!! So glad ur here :slight_smile: this is an amazing forum with so much support :slight_smile: I am currently on Day 8 from my DOC crack cocaine. Couldn’t have done it honestly without this group :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome Mike! Glad to see you found this place.
One day at a time and we got this!

2 Likes

Welcome @Retro_49 from one newbie to another!

3 Likes

Hi there Mike. You’ve come to the right place! Congrats on making the decision to improve your life.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. One day at a time

1 Like

Heya welcome to TS Mike, happy you’re here. How have your first days been?

2 Likes

My first 2 days have been kinda crummy but lately I’ve been good. The amount of support on here inspires me to do better. How have you been?

2 Likes

Welcome Mike, it’s great to meet you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi,
I am new here and having difficulty just figuring out how to post. Hoping to find this app helpful. I have failed at sobriety soooo many times.

2 Likes

Hi JKoon,
Look for a button called New Topic, it’ll give a new window. On the new window, you’ll be required to add a title, a catergory( also includes optional tags to help identify more.) And from there write down whatever you need. I hope that helps.

Don’t worry, on failing sobriety several times. You are here and that shows you are putting in effort. Every action is always a new learning lesson. Add a small goal for yourself, aim for 1 day, then aim for 2 and so on and so forth. Try to look for a hobby, something to help you past time so you can try your best on being sober. Also, reaching out to someone and explaining your situation can help out as well. Remember small wins are always better. You are not alone, we are all here for you. I hope this helps. One Love

Yeah the first ten days were the hardest for me, it definitely got better after that hump. I am doing really good, I have bought a ton of books so I am enjoying reading again. I had been missing out on so many of lifes simple enjoyments while I was loaded.
I cleaned up end of 2019, all of 2020 was pretty much a blur for me. I was so consumed with getting through that year. It took a long time for the obsession to use to leave me but I hung on tight and eventually it went away. So then 2021 comes and I would swear on my life the sun had never set before. Hahahah. It was like i was seeing things for the first time ever!!! Everything looked surreal, the clouds, the skies, the trees… oh man and then in the fall when the leaves changed. I would be driving down the highway crying at how beautiful the world is. You know, we end up missing out on so much when we are so consumed with ourselves in addiction, it’s so amazing to really get to experience life.

I hope that you stick around and push through all these shitty days, I promise it gets better. Like you said there’s a ton of support here.

Have you found the check-in thread yet?
I will link it in case you haven’t, its helpful and a good way to get to know the community!

Checking in daily to maintain focus #37