Naltrexone treatment

Hi all,
Today is my 4th day sober. I am uaing the naltrexone tablets and I feel really sick today. Can anyone else share their story with this treatment and any side effects etc you may have had.

Also anything that helped you feel physically better during the first week?

Thanks all,
Adriana

1 Like

Hmm. I haven’t, but have seen a lot of threads 'round here about it. Of course if you search a bunch just say, “search for another thread.” :roll_eyes:

But here’s a few for a start:

And pretty recently:

I was on vivitrol (injectable naltrexone) and didn’t have any side affects. Is it possible that you could just be feeling some withdrawal symptoms?

That may very well be possible as I am feeling a lot better today on day 4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Common side effects of Naltrexone Hydrochloride include:

• nausea,
  • headache,
  • dizziness,
  • nervousness,
  • fatigue,
  • insomnia,
  • vomiting,
  • anxiety, and.

Hi, my doc prescribed 50mg and suggested I take half dose for the first week. I’m a binge drinker and end up drinking mostly out of boredom so it seems to be amazing so far. I haven’t had the slightest urge to drink all week (today is one week on it). I don’t really even understand it, there’s beer in my fridge and it might as well be beet juice for how much I want it. I did not feel anything negative the first few days and went up to the full dose on Wednesday; I felt Horrible, tingly lightheaded, shaky (not DTs, since I have barely had anything) and nauseous so I went back down to 25mg. Today, I’m trying the full 50mg since I’m off work but if I still feel horrible I might sit at the half dose for a while.

1 Like

That is great. I know it has been used successfully for binge drinkers. Have you watched the documentary One Little Pill? It is about The Sinclair Method, which utilizes naltrexone.

It works by blocking your opiod/narcotic receptors, so you do not get a high feeling if you drink

Just remember to let any doctor know you taking it if you are getting any surgery with anesthesia.

Happy it is working for you!!