Name that addictive "voice"

I love this idea. I’m thinking of calling mine a haggard old woman’s name, cus that’s what it turns me into.
The worst name I can think of right now is Morag (really sorry if there are any Morag’s out there). I remember the name from an Aussie soap years ago and it stuck with me. Another option would be ‘vinegar tits’ :joy:
Xx

5 Likes

Weak/pathetic/infantile… Etc. Best ignored :slight_smile:

1 Like

I call the booze “road to hell”. That is what is for me.

I vote for this one.
:joy:

3 Likes

I remember Morag! I think she was on ‘Home and Away’. She had red hair and was a really scary woman.
Great name idea! X

2 Likes

I gave my addiction voice the name of Mr Ginnlos / Mr Ginnless
It’s a German word Sinnlos means senseless; without any sense .

I think it is pretty associating how much this voice trying to convince me I can’t live without it but can’t live with it anymore either so it fits for me :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I simply call mine ‘liar’

3 Likes

Ha… He has a name alright, it’s Voldemort. We have a hell of an argument sometimes. I love telling him -

“You’re the one who is weak. You will never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.”

3 Likes

Mine will be ASIYA… According to Google it means weakness…

2 Likes

Never enough Charlie.

I really like that concept naming addiction.

2 Likes

I call mine Annoyer, which means he’s annoying.

2 Likes

Mine was The Beast or the monkey on my back.

1 Like

Wet tortilla! :rofl:

1 Like

Just thinking about this voice fills me with rage. Mine doesn’t deserve a name.

I read a book that talked about this. The author called it “Inner X”. I called mine “Otto”.

Name it to tame it.

1 Like

Don’t have one yet, but “idiot” might do it.

1 Like

I sometimes refer to mine as “The Toddler”. It’s all id, wants what it wants NOW, and throws internal tantrums when I tell it no. But I try to be kind and gentle with it rather than telling it off. I treat it like I would an unruly toddler, explaining that what it wants isn’t good for us, and then redirecting its attention. It works better for me to acknowledge and nurture than being mean and dismissive to a part of myself

3 Likes

Mine is called Fuck Face

5 Likes

I call mine Demon

2 Likes

Haven’t thought about naming it before. Great idea. The first thing that popped in my mind was lower power? Who wanrs to take advice from a lower power. My higher power would always be crushing the lower one usung this concept. More contemplation needed on this subject

2 Likes