Nearly 9 months sober :)

Hello everyone
Nearly at 9 months sober and so proud of how far I have came :slight_smile: it’s been a bumpy ride but I’ve got through it even the hardest of times and I’m battling my mental illness every day and also coping much better with my symptoms without alcohol as I was using to cope with my illness.

This is actually first time I’ve used the community so looking to maybe make some friends from it and see the support I can get from it :slight_smile:

Craig x

18 Likes

Dang, Craig! Welcome to the forum and congrats on 9 months! Alcohol makes all of our mental ailments so much worse. I am glad you chose to join TS. What other positive changes have you noticed since quitting alcohol? How have you stayed sober? I would love to get to 9 months, and appreciate any of your insights. Again, welcome to TS!

2 Likes

Hey @Craigy_87 I am also at 9 months! Yay to us! Definitely feeling that there are still highs and lows, but less extreme. Look forward to hearing from u again.

2 Likes

Welcome and congrats on your 9 months Craig. Lots great people here to get and give support too.
We all have so much in common. Just don’t want to pick up that first drink.

Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.
2 good threads I like to visit.

If you have any questions? Just ask.
:pray::heart:

Thanks so much for your kind words and it’s crazy the amount of changes I’ve noticed over the 8 and a half months I’m more self aware, sleeping amazing, feeling amazing and more motivated, hardly any anxiety. It let’s my meds work so much better too as I suffer from borderline personality disorder. You will get there just keep at it :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Well done to you :raised_hands: last week I’ve been struggling as everything has re opened with covid calming down a bit but I’ve got it through all. It’s nice to meet you :blush:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I hope you are doing good too :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Great to see you here and with 9 months sobriety you’ll have plenty of experience to offer. I suppose there not a bad bunch considering where they came from :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So awesome :tada: congratulations :tada::slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome @Craigy_87, it’s lovely to meet you. Well done on 9 months :clap:t2::clap:t2::pray:t2::two_hearts:

I’m at 8 months and 16 days… I thought that you were only a couple of days ahead of me.
Not that the exact date matters, it’s that we’re still going !

1 Like

Absolutely well done !
I’m a couple of weeks behind you.
In which part of the world are you located ?

It’s nice to meet you too. I hope you are well and doing good :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Well done too you too :slight_smile: I’m from Scotland :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 what about you?

That’s amazing it gets easier and easier eh?x

French-speaking part of Switzerland, for now… but moving in a few months.

Yeah, I missed the ‘nearly’. 8 months and 19 days today.

Hugh milestone. I am currently 9 months, 8 days sober and can totally relate. I feel absolutely wonderful and I have a whole new outlook on life. I’m eating healthier and lost over 20 pounds. Best wishes to you and may we both have continued success. This sober time community is very helpful and has gotten me out of a lot of rocky situations. God speed.

Welcome and huge congratulations on 9 months! What an amazing accomplishment! You should be really proud! :clap::dizzy::star::sparkles: