Need advice 25 days sober

New to this app I’ve tried meetings and there not for me but I have done 25 days sober and did like some advice ta get me three the month

2 Likes

Welcome David
Congratulations on your 25 days.
This is a great forum for support. Have a good read around and join in when you’re willing. It’s pretty important to have support if you want to battle addiction. We are stronger together.

Here are two good threads to start:

I hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you very much I will read around

Welcome to the forum, David. I’m on day 29. There’s a lot of great people and topics here.

1 Like

I listened to a shit load of sobriety podcasts, spent a lot of time here, walked many miles, lifted many weights and read recovery books. I never closed the door on any option however, i was and am going to do whatever it takes to not drink today.

2 Likes

Well 29 days is better than none my mate I’ve kept so busy this month but see the rewards already winning people no that I lost wen I was pissed so let’s keep it up wot made u stop for this long and we’ll done

My drinking landed me in the hospital. I’d rather not go through that again.

I’ve done the meetings got me 4 months the first time and honestly I just try to stay involved in things that make me want to stay sober. Between mountain biking progressing at work learning new things and it seems to work a lot better for me than not doing those things and hitting every meeting I could.

I know how ya feel mate still didn’t learn made mistake after mistake but I going in hospital hall and for a reason and ya nearly one month sober I’ve been in some mad situations been drunk and ta tell u the truth video her life feels kinda great so let’s carry on and prove everyone who’s dought u wrong have I gone to any meetings cuz they assent for me everyone looking at u