Need help from someone please..:-(

Can somone please guide me or mentor me to be sober…I tried to be sober 2 days back but again back to day 1 now…
I am gettin mentally affected and I am not feeling good…
Sometimes feel like ending my life…
Feeling so helpless…!!!
I dont know how can I come out of this…
I dont have anyone to speak with regarding this who can understand me…
You people are my only hope…
I need to come out this…
Humble request…!!

Dont know what to do…!!

9 Likes

Hey buddy. You’re here and you’re still trying that’s what matters, it took me a long time to get my recovery to stick. I relapsed every other day or would go 3 days then drink. It’s very scary, doing things different when we have such ingrained habits. But it is possible man, ppl places and things. Change up your friends, start going for walks, switch the drugs or alcohol for some sweets here and there. Drink lots of water and keep checking in on this app every half hour. Alcohol can stay in are system for 270 hours 10 days. So the first 3 to 4 days are the worse withdrawal, then once you get past 10 days we can’t believe are mind because it tries to trick us and tell us we can drink again. It’s alot of battling with your mind and emotions in the early days but you just have to stick with it. Don’t beat yourself up to much man, be kind to yourself

10 Likes

Hi friend. I feel you. It’s hard when that drug devil / addiction devil has got its claws in you. If you’re having trouble even getting through a day without it, looking up a meeting will help.

www.aa.org

There’s also online options:
Online meeting resources

Take care and never stop searching for your sober path. You’ll find it.

4 Likes

People always told me to “keep coming back” in meetings. Weather it was a NA or AA meeting I always seemed to leave and go out. I relapsed for 7-8 years always coming and going. I attended hundreds of meetings, went to many treatment centres, and also did a set of steps in a treatment centre.

After my last drink and drug, I admitted myself to a hospital and I finally wanted to stop. I knew what I had to do. And that was the work part of recovery. Today I’m 5 months 14 days clean and sober. I have a home group, I’m in a big book study group (online zoom) I have a Sponser who’s worked the steps more then a few times, and am connected to a big support group in a 12 step program. My Sponser told made me call him for the first 30 days. I did. He also told me to honour 3 commitments.

1- Be teachable
2-honour my commitments to him and my group
3- to give him premmision to be told the truth.

I am so glad he did this to me and am forever thankful for him and some other people in the program of recovery.

I see your trying to stay sober and I understand that feeling hopeless and not wanting to go on another day because I was there over 5 months ago.

I am not a recovery guru by any means hence I’m just learning it myself. But what I want to say is in a VERY short amount of time you can get that feeling of hope and joy back into your soul. But it requires some effort and willingness. Try and find a 12 step meeting and find somebody who you see has what you wish to have, and ask them if they are willing to Sponser you or know somebody who’s is willing to Sponser somebody. You can do this at the comfort of your home as well just look it up online. The answer to a good life is in the book and fellowships.

It’s good your on this sober tool site trying to reach out. But if your anything like me you will need to do more then just reaching out.
Meetings, 12 steps, helping others (simple as attending a meeting) and just get threw today sober.

Im not even done my step work but I feel I have found the true path to recovery finally.

Also it has not all been rainbows and sunshine, I’ve gone threw some thought days but I had somebody to call who helped me get threw those days.

Right now I’m back In the hospital but it’s not because of relapse like every other time in my life. So life still goes on.

4 Likes

Can you tell how to join meeting

1 Like

Get into an in-patient rehab homie…youll need medical clearance from a doctor but you should be able to detox there…there also hotlines you can call but you gotta do your due diligence & look em up just stay strong losing your life over your doc is not worth it!!! Stay strong and look up some help in your area look for a rehab and once your there and you detox and sober DONT LEAVE!!! I’ve seen it happen many times I’ve been to rehab 3x stay strong

1 Like

Hey Brother, you are here and you are asking for help, that’s huge start. I do not know where you are located but I would suggest going to a aa meeting or even an outpatient place.
We have all been there and are here for you… can you let us know where you are?

Have you talked you your primary care physician yet? That’s a good place to start as well as all the great recommendations above.

I agree with everyone also I too was in the same situation several times I checked myself into a rehab to help me it helped I was in a facility to monitor my addiction and my health. Pls be careful