Need to end this

Well … @Roga … Your story is really moving, thank you for sharing it with me (us). I never got this far, but I guess that it’s a blink of a second away right now. I have made the commitment to myself that I won’t drink tomorrow, wrote a letter to myself with every regret and personal stuff in it … We’ll see, I won’t disappoint myself :confused:

1 Like

Today for example. Just one random feeling of a panic attack (at 12:30 lunch time) while cleaning–“just one can of beer” bc I didn’t want to take the xanax bc of yet another addiction, has turned into 3 beers with a headache :face_with_head_bandage: nutrition goal for the day down the effin drain and ashamed
You are not alone
I have No answers except you are not alone

2 Likes

You hang with us @Andy we are all right where you are. I just had an argument with someone that in the past would send me straight to the bottle. I felt pretty bad, but didn’t immediately think of the drink. Instead, I logged on here and started reading others’ posts. I forgot about my trivial anger moments and saw that other people really needed help (and so do I!). I read their posts, replied to a few and felt better.

Later today, I’ll get with that person after a cooling off period and see if we can work it out. In the past, by the time the other person cools off, I’m raving drunk.

Think I’ll head to Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee and Big Book reading, always makes me feel better. Hang tough and take care! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your honesty <3 I am really ashamed of my “problems” when I am aware of the other stories around here … :frowning:

I will! I just want to quit, god damn it!

2 Likes

That’s the spirit!!! Get yourself a treat when you meet your goal today…even if the goal was not to drink for an hour, or three hours, or whatever! When you reward yourself, you’ll start to feel good about your commitment to this new way of life. I am looking forward to my 30 day mark…coming up in 10 days! I can’t believe it might happen. It’s been almost ten years since I’ve been able to stay sober this long. One day at a time…sometimes, one hour at a time!

1 Like

Wow - that’s awesome! I fell very stupid, handled my problem 3 years since now, you are wayyyy much better off with your spirit! Congratz to you! :slight_smile: But yes, I will reward myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Jbishop one other thing, if possible try not to keep an alcohol in the house/apt. It depends of course on your living situation. But it adds another buffer between yourself and a drink if you have to go and buy it. This was also recommended in the program I am in. I have literally thrown out beers and flushed vodka - or had my wife do it for me - say after a house party.

Beautifully said! <3

1 Like

Sucks when the husband drinks
But he said he will limit it to only during the weekends and keep it in the outside fridge
We will see tho he doesn’t think I truly have a problem

1 Like

Ugh that’s frustrating. We gotta work with what we can and can’t control.

1 Like

Had 13 drinks yesterday, woke up at night and couldn’t breathe easily,stayed awake for 5 hours, it was hell. Well,I guess today is day 1 and I’m calm and very serious that I won’t drink tonight. I had some kind of ephiphany, if today was my last day on earth, what should it looks like? Well, at least not drunk or hungover, so I said said fuck you to the alcohol and emptied all bottles, couple hundred bucks down the drain. I guess we all have a price to pay to get out of this nightmare.

6 Likes

@Andy 13 drinks is not only bad but dangerous. Is there some way you can get a few days to detox in a alcohol free space, maybe with the help of a friend or family member?

3 Likes

Not picked up the bottle today, instead of drinking I went running outside - soooo fantastic and pure. I don’t let the addiction win, as someone said today before, I’ll make today my bitch!

@Andy so how here where are u that u can run and not fall out?? Lol
Bc it’s randomly 90 degrees and almost 6:PM here in SC

2 Likes

@Andy, sounds like you love to exercise. I’m right there with ya. 7 years later and 30 lbs heavier (my story) not only puts stress on our hearts and bodies, but causes lots of emotional distress too. I have been relapsing for the past month and keep telling myself…tomorrow…tomorrow it will change. But, the reality is, we need to remind ourselves today that we are worth it, and that we can’t afford to waste another day in a bottle.

1 Like

Hm @Jbishop … I live in Europe, we only have (jesus, I’m never getting comfy with the Fahrenheit scale xD) … about 53 degrees :wink: Running is the only thing I ever loved more than drinking, since I’ve done a lot of bad things, I never wanted to run again. So I guess this was kind of a therapy for me yesterday and it works perfectly @Angela :slight_smile:

So, this is Day2 and I slept the first time really really good, no hangover, just fresh and pure thoughts, even tho I’m very tired :smiley:

4 Likes

Jesus … Day 4 and I’m fucked, every minute I think about having a drink tonight. I’m stressed out, work is really demanding, I run my own company, so every minute counts.

I can’t work out today, because my body is sore and I’m physically tired. It’s funny to see that I can’t stand the silence and furthermore just with myself, do you have any practical advise for me? It’s like a void in my body, some light unknown feeling. It’s like a voice that has to be silenced … don’t know how I should describe it.

Thank you very much, it helps to overcome the cravings :slight_smile: When I think about it, it’s so stupid :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes the being bored is hard. Music helps put me in a better mood or going for a walk.

3 Likes