Netflix Hulu HBO Apple etc….. binge ideas please!

@DungeonMaster I am so glad that you like the Chosen. It’s a good series for my life and recovery. It’s nice that you are still here my friend!!!

1 Like

I’m here in the background. Still on recovery. Won’t ever stop, not great at it though.

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed The Missing and then its followed by a spinoff called Baptiste, its all on Netflix, brilliant

1 Like

I’ve posted about this show before but I want to say again how much I love the show TED LASSO :star_struck::smiley: it’s is such a beautiful, fun, funny warm-hearted show. Highly recommend :star2:

4 Likes

I just finished the fourth season and I am loving Star Trek: Discovery, I just love it :star_struck:

Its story, its characters, its writing: it explores love and loss, grief and desperation and redemption and death, misunderstanding and communication and suffering and reconciliation.

It does all this while staying true to its characters (and its actors) who maintain their integrity (to their natures and goals) throughout. They don’t feel artificial. Highly recommended for any sci fi fans :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ive been big on foreign Netflix mini series lately and two really good ones are:

1. High Water for crazy story based on real deal life and the insane flooding in 1997 Wroclaw
  2. Chesnut Man for foreign true crime fantasy (danish I believe)

But my all time new favorite new foreign mini series is GREEN FRONTIER!!!#%*@% It is SOOOO amazing and cant believe everyone in the friggin world hasnt watched already yesterday.

1 Like

I love Discovery soooo much. All the new Star Treks really. Knives and I held eachother and cried to season 1 Picard multiple times :smiling_face_with_tear::pleading_face::cry::sob: but now Im forcing myself to not watch anymore new Star Trek until they get out. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I often read a “serious” book and a thriller/mystery. While reading crime novels by Scandinavian authors, I came across that one. I didn’t like it, but I thought it would make a good movie :slight_smile: Glad to know they filmed it - I forgot most of the plot, so I could give it a chance. Thanks.

2 Likes

Yeah, honestly it was so so. I thought about that after I responded. Its not bad but… its just the one Ive watched most recently. There some other good ones Ill have to remember. One about a old Turkish punk rocker that goes corporate but then lives double lives returning to his punk roots was a good one i cant remember the title of.

1 Like

I like those mini-dramas too. I watched Chestnut Man and am trying to remember all the details. I believe I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Your Honor with Bryan Cranston on Showtime.

1 Like

I probably mentioned it before. If you never saw the Wire, do! And if you did, watch it again. Like me. On HBO+. Series ended 15 years ago today.
https://twitter.com/Ziggys_Duck/status/1633787680587694080?s=20

8 Likes

I loved The Wire!! So we’ll made, and what I’ve heard it’s a very accurate portrayal of the situation in Baltimore.

@emc2018 Started watching Ted Lasso only this year and fell in love straight away! Soo good! :raised_hands:t3:

6 Likes

Pretty much the only good thing about Lockdown was that I re-watched all the The Wire and was reminded how incredible it is

2 Likes

I did. And I did. Watched it and “rewatched” it. A GREAT series!

1 Like

Finally season 3 on apple.

5 Likes

Watching this tonight, can’t wait!! :smiley:

1 Like

We are excited to watch Season 3, on the list for tonight! Also enjoying the new Top Chef season. And Succession final season starts next week I believe. I love that show!!!

4 Likes

Currently watching Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount+ on Prime). I debated stopping as I found it pretty violent with lots of disturbing scenes but I just try to avoid those parts if I can (play my word game on phone etc :laughing:). Hubby is really enjoying it. Just started season 2. Apparently first season filmed partly in Canada, including Kingston Penitentiary.

3 Likes

Eek, Penitentiary sounds like it is a show set in a prison? Those are a hard no for me, as I have 2 loved ones who are incarcerated.

And I am the same these days with show violence…I hide behind my hands or come on here til it passes.

1 Like