Netflix Hulu HBO Apple etc….. binge ideas please!

I started watching the original Dexter on Showtime. Wasn’t sure I’d like it, on S1 episode 11, I was hooked after a few episodes.

1 Like

Clarkson’s Farm dropped a season 2. Thrilled. Had no idea a second season was in the works. Fantastic!!!

2 Likes

They added the hunger games trilogy and I rebinged all that in prep for the new movie in November:)) I recommend

1 Like

New Hunger Games!? Had no idea!

It’s so good!!! I’m loving it :blue_heart:

1 Like

The book was pretty good. Kind of weird. I love how much you hate Snow by the end.

Somebody Somewhere season 2 starts April 23 on HBO. Season 1 was amazing and heartwarming. We cannot wait!!!

2 Likes

My good buddy went to high school with her in Manhattan, KS. Great gal and great show.

1 Like

I just finished watching Cunk on Earth on Netflix. Thought it was really funny! Very much enjoyed it. Love British humour and love learning about history, so, a great combination :smile:

3 Likes

Have enjoyed watching Escape to the Chateau on Peacock. British couple removating an old French chateau, poop moat and all!! Haven’t watched all the seasons, but a fun one to catch now and again.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to watch this! I just finished Poker Face on peacock and loved it!

1 Like

Absolutely hilarious!

1 Like

Had no idea they came out with a second season. One of my favorite shows!

1 Like

I haven’t watched Poker Face yet…will add to list. The Chateau is kind of fun. I yell at her a lot for her frivolity, while her hubby toils away! Lol

2 Likes

I really liked the show Shrinking but it’s mind blowing how even these psychiatrists who are supposedly so in tune with health drink themselves silly and the show makes light of how alcohol damaged relationships between characters and led to bad decisions. Not trying to bash this show, which was well written and acted, but underscored for me the ubiquity of alcohol in almost every kind of show and how it reinforces culturally how normal and acceptable it is to drink poison. It’s an eye opening experience to look at it through that lens after inundating myself with quit lit!

I also think about how cigarettes were portrayed in shows and movies in the past vs now and wonder if we’ll ever finally have the same evolution with alcohol. I can’t even watch an HGTV show without them celebrating with champagne or talking about using a room as a bar. I’ve been watching Big Love because it’s about Mormons and polygamists and alcohol makes virtually zero appearances :joy:

5 Likes

I absolutely LOVED Big Love!!! Tho I also LOVED the first few seasons of True Blood. They did drink in True Blood tho…

2 Likes

Great points. I didn’t even notice. But you’re right. I think I definitely would have noticed it earlier on in my sobriety though. Not so much now since drinking is EVERYWHERE.

I just love :two_hearts: Harrison Ford in his role.

1 Like

So funny I just started watching true blood :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes he does such an amazing job! This really is a heartwarming show. I am hyper-aware of alcohol in shows and books right now cuz I’m in early sobriety and WOW is it really everywhere!

6 Likes

Anyone else watching Yellowjackets? Love it, but I need something else to binge. I only have Amazon, Tubi, and Showtime. Ideas? :thinking:

3 Likes