New Blogger

Thanks for the explanation! Just so I’m clear… If a member wanted to become a guest blogger they’d just need to…date you? Is there another way for people to express interest? I’m just wondering because I know this has been a pain point in the past with the restrictions on self promotion.

I’m happy to see EDs as a topic, I think there is a lot to be said about it as part of the larger recovery community! I just really love transparency (I know, I know, I can’t expect it, I just wish I could).

2 Likes

Ah I’m sorry, I missed that. Requirements for blogging would be:

1. Proper grammar, formatting, spelling etc
  2. A story or write-up that’s related to addiction or recovery
  3. Converting said article to a blog

Unfortunately the platform that runs Sober Trend only allows two accounts, unless I pay more for it. So it’s mine and hers right now, so you’ll have to send it to one of us to post. Don’t know how that would work, maybe include a link to the person’s Talking Sober account?

3 Likes

Healing comes in many different forms and usually plays through various pieces of our lives. It was a good read and I personally appreciate the blog sharing!

I have just begun to become mindful of my relationship with food, and while it wont get me drunk you can still fill voids with it and it all stems from likely the same root issue. I have battled my relationship with my weight since I was a young child. As I work through all those pieces of my life, I can use all the mindfulness it I can get to each avenue where I am effected. So, thanks for branching out and coming up with other avenues that may help our healing!

5 Likes

Dating me isn’t a requirement, just shoot me a message :smile:
It’s not self promotion, since it’s being posted on the platform’s blog and doesn’t have any reward or compensation.

Just ask if you have any questions, I’ll try and answer them.

2 Likes

@MandiH Thanks for reading. I have also struggled since a very young age. I haven’t yet fully conquered my struggle but am working on it. :slight_smile: Just writing about the struggle along the way.

3 Likes

Perhaps we could “reward” people with the ‘Blogger’ title on Talking Sober? Just an idea. I honestly didn’t think anyone would want to do this as usually you can get paid for writing blogs for companies etc.

2 Likes

Good point. We would need some way to credit them for it though, so if they decide to do paid writing in the future they could point back to the article they wrote as their portfolio.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon30771928

I try to be as open and honest as I can be. More to come :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is that a commodity these days?

2 Likes

33 years nearly in recovery maybe ill start a blog write a book lol keep on trucking

2 Likes

Welcome. I look forward to more articles.

3 Likes

Welcome @LittleAcorn ! Maybe I’m being presumptuous, but it is nice to see you want to get involved with what I assume is @Robin’s baby here. I’m not much of one to read blogs but it’s nice to see couples involved in things together. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Thanks @SmokeyMirror

We come from similar backgrounds so alcohol and drugs has effected us both in different ways. I won’t be too involved, it is still his baby. :slight_smile: But it is nice to share my thoughts and struggles with the community and perhaps someone else can gain from it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @LittleAcorn, interesting reading, I look forward to reading some more :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome! Any addition to our family here is a wonderful thing.

3 Likes

Welcome i look forward to reading more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @LittleAcorn.

2 Likes

I finally got a few minutes and read your blog. Powerful message, thank you for sharing. While my addiction is not the same, its amazing how I could see me in some of what you wrote. I look forward to reading more.

1 Like

My intention with my comment wasn’t to try to keep helpful information from others. I’ve commented positively on threads where the poster had linked their content to outside sources, such as an Instagram video of them reading a section of the Big Book… That thread and all the posts were flagged and hidden.

I’m confused how that’s any different from this. But it’s just a confusion that doesn’t need clarification.

I think it would be interesting to feature an active member each week to write about a specific topic within addiction they have experience on.

Also, I’m really happy you found a healthy relationship with body image and food. Body dysmorphia or eating disorders are hard to get a handle of since we all have to eat. Thanks for sharing, I can relate.

1 Like