New Blogger

Hey Guys,

Just a quick introduction. I’m Sober Time’s new blogger. I will be writing a new post every week for those interested. These posts are inspired by my own experiences and topics range across a broad spectrum and include addiction.

To be clear, I am not a moderator. I will simply be writing articles/blog posts inspired by my own life experiences. Perhaps some of you are able to relate.

Here is the latest post:

Feel free to leave your thoughts on these posts. Happy reading!

9 Likes

Welcome hopefully your blog will help people , im a AA meeting guy no blogs when i got sober but im open minded for a old guy wish you well

5 Likes

Are you in recovery yourself?

@Robin, what’s the process to apply to be a guest blogger? I know we have some members who write about their recovery.

I’m also curious, as a recovering anorexic myself… What did you do to recover? I see throw out your scale, but what programs worked for you? Did you try ABA? What kind of therapies worked best?

2 Likes

I am thinking you are a friend of Robin’s from South Africa? Welcome!

1 Like

I did not know that Sober Trend HAD a blog. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m confused by this all around tbh personally don’t want guest bloggers but that’s just my personal opinion.

Edit, let me rephrase, I just feel uncomfortable about it. But maybe because it’s NEW.

2 Likes

I see you guys have met @LittleAcorn. She’s my partner :slight_smile:

Her upbringing has been very similar to mine - although she’s not a substance addict herself, she was raised with alcohol and drugs in abundance around her home. She’s had a rough life and has been through a lot.

She loves writing, it’s a way for her to express herself and materialize her feelings. She asked me if she could blog on Sober Trend and I thought it would do her and whoever reads her articles good. She blogs on Sober Trend, which is part of the Sober Time network, so it’s not like she’s advertising any service. She also gets absolutely no compensation for this and she’s just doing it because she wants to. Maybe someone can relate to her stories.

She’s not going to have any substantial role on the forum other than letting people know when she has posted a new blog. You’re welcome to read it or skip it.

13 Likes

Welcome :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

I’ve written a few articles on there in the past, but writing isn’t something I’m necessarily good at. Looks like it’s getting a bit of a revival now :slight_smile:

By all means, you are welcome to scroll past and skip the posts then. It is purely there for those who might learn from these posts and to those who can perhaps relate

3 Likes

No need to feel uncomfortable. Her posting articles won’t affect you unless you decide to read them.

Thanks Darren!

Perhaps you did not read my latest post. Just because it is not drugs or alcohol does not mean I don’t have an addiction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a non-addict develops and runs the platform too. Just because someone isn’t an addict doesn’t mean that they can’t contribute to the recovery community. Her posts aren’t about how to get sober, but are related to her experiences with addiction. The first one was about growing up with alcoholic parents, for example. It’s still related to addiction and sobriety.

4 Likes

Well at least we can mute threads and users. This isn’t worth getting suspended over.

Even though I’m sad I’ll miss the inevitable sales pitch.

You’ll be disappointed then. No sales pitch on the way.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keep in mind this is not a blog for Talking Sober but for Sober Trend…they are both related to Sober Time. I’m fine with this.

And eating disorders ARE an addiction…as many people here will share.

3 Likes

@Robin…I think that next time a heads up would be good. I think people misunderstood and saw this post as self promoting a blog.

2 Likes