New for 2020? Start here!

Not watched this but have seen @ThajokerNL share a few times, so adding it here :blush:

Roadmap to Recovery

https://youtu.be/OE6aTxprd3E

2 Likes

@siand nice one! Hadn’t noticed this thread otherwise it would have been my addition for sure.

Let me explain why this video works for lots.

We get stressed out over all the weird stuff we feel during early recovery. In my tree’t they showed me this video. It explains what your mind, brain and body will go through.

I advise to date a timeline after watching the vid.
Dating when you will aprox. Hit the Wall which is explained about in the vid. And when you’ll enter the third phase of new behavior to be introduced to your systems.

I wish everyone who recognized they are powerless to our decease the strength to go through this process and I wish you all to not do this alone.

:pray:t2:

4 Likes

That was full of great information. Thank you!

1 Like

@James0101 I suggest you check this thread.

Please watch the linked video (and let your spous watch it later on) to understand more of what you are facing.

Bumping this back up to the top. :smiley:

1 Like

Yoga! Good for health, strength and mindfulness which are all just helpful things, but especially in early sobriety.

A few of us are doing the new Yoga With Adrienne 30 day yoga series, Home:

And will be sharing our progress on the yoga group thread.

Adrienne isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but there are other yoga chats going on here too :blush:

4 Likes

Sometimes memes are just what you need

1 Like

With the forum being so busy it can be hard to know where to jump in. I find the daily check in thread is a good place to hang out and get to know people, without having to create your own topics. It’s a place to share struggles, celebrate successes and get support. Being reminded that we are not unique, that others experience similar challenges and that we all have things we can learn from each other, wherever we are in our journey, is a wonderful thing!

4 Likes

Getting outdoors and getting moving is a brilliant way to start building healthy habits. Walking solo can be a good way to practice mindfulness and process some of the feelings that come up in sobriety. But it’s also a great group activity, a way to meet new people and build sober relationships.

2020 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

3 Likes

Snore I know, but useful for everyone to know where to find the rules :blush:

8 Likes

I love that you keep adding to this. I’ve been posting a link to this thread in responses to new comers. Thanks for all this great information!

5 Likes

Thank you :pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Lots of people find that when they are adjusting to sobriety their sleep pattern goes all out of whack. For your listening pleasure here are some guided sleep meditations:

5 Likes

Sobriety is definitely a journey… It takes time and things change! Here’s a great summary of some of the stages people go through, which you might recognise…

5 Likes

This is a great thread @siand.
(Bumpty bumpty)

5 Likes

Something about sobriety is feeling all the feels. There’s a lot to process and it’s probably stuff you’ve pushed away, ignored, or made worse through your addiction. It can be hard to face up to.

@aircircle shares some really helpful stuff on this thread, taken from The Language of Letting Go app.

The language of letting go

7 Likes

Most of us with some decent sobriety time had tried (and failed) to get sober before. These posts are a collection of things that didn’t work… Any of them sound familiar?

Learning what doesn’t work for you can be an important part of making sobriety stick, as long as you act on what you learn. Nothing changes if nothing changes!

2 Likes

Sober poops! That is all.

3 Likes

If things feel all rainbows and unicorn farts in early sobriety, you might have found your pink fluffy cloud

:rainbow::unicorn::dash:

2 Likes

I am not so patiently waiting for these to start. I don’t even care how loud or how frequent. I just need them. Now. :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

1 Like