New for 2020? Start here!

I love that you keep adding to this. I’ve been posting a link to this thread in responses to new comers. Thanks for all this great information!

5 Likes

Thank you :pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Lots of people find that when they are adjusting to sobriety their sleep pattern goes all out of whack. For your listening pleasure here are some guided sleep meditations:

5 Likes

Sobriety is definitely a journey… It takes time and things change! Here’s a great summary of some of the stages people go through, which you might recognise…

5 Likes

This is a great thread @siand.
(Bumpty bumpty)

5 Likes

Something about sobriety is feeling all the feels. There’s a lot to process and it’s probably stuff you’ve pushed away, ignored, or made worse through your addiction. It can be hard to face up to.

@aircircle shares some really helpful stuff on this thread, taken from The Language of Letting Go app.

The language of letting go

7 Likes

Most of us with some decent sobriety time had tried (and failed) to get sober before. These posts are a collection of things that didn’t work… Any of them sound familiar?

Learning what doesn’t work for you can be an important part of making sobriety stick, as long as you act on what you learn. Nothing changes if nothing changes!

2 Likes

Sober poops! That is all.

3 Likes

If things feel all rainbows and unicorn farts in early sobriety, you might have found your pink fluffy cloud

:rainbow::unicorn::dash:

2 Likes

I am not so patiently waiting for these to start. I don’t even care how loud or how frequent. I just need them. Now. :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes you gotta make your own magic :sparkles:

4 Likes

It’s Friday! That means the weekend is coming and doing weekends sober can be weird. First events sober are scary for most of us…

And if you’re not ready to venture out yet then there are always people hanging out here

1 Like

This is perfect!!! Thank you :pray: :rofl:

2 Likes

Can someone please tell me how to post??:joy:

1 Like

Hey my name is new comer and I need a sponsor I have 24 days clean and sober

Hi Brandie.
Welcome. Have a good read around on here if you’re not already.
Search up that question using the magnifying glass above.
AA or NA or is where we can get sponsors. Look that up as well.
Everything is new and scary for you at the moment but if you read as much as you can, it’s almost like arming yourself.
Stick around. A lot of people on here with good advice and experience.

2 Likes

Welcome Brandella. If in person meetings are open in your area, google AA or NA local meetings. Let them know you’re looking for a sponsor when you attend your first meeting.

If in person meetings are not open, sponsors are available on an app called the 12 step toolkit. Or you can attend meetings on intherooms.com and ask for a sponsor during a meeting.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum :blush::wave: I hope you find it as useful as I have! Congrats on your 24 days. Glad you’re here :pray::sparkling_heart:

Thank you so much I really appreciate the advice