New here 35 days sober!

New here, I am 35 days sober I have done it with no meetings no help. A little about my addiction… I lost my grandpa the day after Christmas last year started drinking heavily after that controllable, then I lost my father in February and I got out of control id drink till id black out wake up the next morning and continue the cycle I would make terrible decisions I hit my rock bottom and decided I needed to clean my act up to say it uas been the hardest thing in the world would be an understatement, I feel everyone around me doesn’t understand how hard it is they give me the just quit vibe its not that hard like I tried to tell my fiance about how football Sundays were hard not to drink because it was a day I would drink he just seemed to have a look and say why instead of talking with me about it. I know I should go to meetings some days I get off work and all I want to do is have a drink all the meetings where I live are unfortunately when im at work I do work alot. So I figured I’d try this app out, I was really excited about my 30 days sober I feel like I didn’t really have anyone to share that with and it mean as much to them as it did me, but here I am I plan on going alot further!

3 Likes

Congratulations on 35 days. Yes it is hard for our spouses to understand if they are not alcoholics. My wife drinks occasionally. There is a six pack of apple cider in my fridge with only one can gone. It has been there for 3 weeks. She didnt like the taste.

Even if I didnt like the taste that six pack would have been gone same day it was bought if I was still drinking.

If you cant make an in person meeting there are online meetings at intherooms.com 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate that!

Welcome to the addicts version of Hotel California. You can check in, but if you love it you’ll never want to check out. :wink:

Congrats on your 30 days! Fantastic! I can see you’ve been through a lot and it’s admirable that you decided to reach for something better in your life. Figure out what you can do that works for you in your life. @Gotno 's suggestion of online meetings is a good idea.

Also, check outthe Daily Check In thread that we have. It’s a place where you can share all your achievements and connect with others who are on the same journey.

I hope you find what you’re looking for in this app. Good luck.

1 Like

Welcome Samantha.
Congratulations on your 30 days.
I’ll celebrate with you. Because thirty days is HUGE!!
I’m real sorry about you losses. And I’m proud of you for realizing you got a problem. Great job coming out here and sharing it. This is a great community for support. I see you’ve already got some good advice from some great people on here.
This is practically the only place I celebrate my sobriety milestones. So I know how you feel. My wife still drinks. And I don’t have any sober friends IRL. I feel celebrating our milestones is very important. Hell. Every day sober is a milestone and we should celebrate.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like