New here, 5 days sober

New here. Just checking in. Any tips would be great. This isn’t my first time getting sober but will be my last. :black_heart:

Thanks for having a community for us to come to.

Sav

8 Likes

Welcome :pray:

You can use the search function :mag: at the top of your page to look for any particular topics you want.

Have you got any questions for us?

Welcome to the Sobriety train :steam_locomotive:

2 Likes

Not as of yet but your tip is helpful! Thank you!!

1 Like

Hi Savannah, welcome! :raising_hand_woman:
This app helped me a lot to become and stay sober. Hope it will help you as much!

My tip is: read here as much as you can about your addiction and how to beat it. Be open minded and try the tips you get ore read.
Involve here, don’t be a stranger here. It helps to be a part of a group with like wised people.
We all know where you are going trough and we are here to help you if you need it.
So ask when needed!

Congratulations with your :five: days! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

People here are so nice :pleading_face: thank you!!!

2 Likes

Welcome Savannah,
Congratulations on your 5 days. Protect your sober date at all cost. I know I am.
I know I’m powerless over alcohol and I simply cannot have just one. Letting go and letting God. And especially gratitude. Those are my top 3 go tools.
I got so much to be grateful for when I’m not drinking. I’ve done a gratitude list every morning for the last 890 plus days right here. Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery It’s retrained my brain.
Gratitude can have such a powerful impact on your life because it engages your brain in a virtuous cycle. Your brain has only so much power to focus its attention. It cannot easily focus on both positive and negative stimuli.
Lots of great people on that thread. The door is always open. And the coffee is always on.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
Congrats on your 5 days.

Welcome to the community. Keep a journal of your sobriety journey and re-read it often to remind yourself of why you want to be sober. You’ve got this. :+1:

1 Like