New here and needing support

Really been thinking about going sober so I am starting today. I’m hoping this can place can support me and that I can support other people do the same.

17 Likes

Take one day at a time, you can do it :slightly_smiling_face:
This community here is brilliant and has helped me stay sober for 76 days, people here have held my hand through the good and bad days, you definitely have a supportive place here, so stuck with us you are not alone.
There is plenty to read here, use the search bar and keep checking in throughout the day, remember you can do this your strong enough, and we here to support you through this journey we are all on together.
Also try AA meetings they have helped so many people.
Here are the details to log on to a AA 24 HOUR ZOOM MEETING, you can join with your camera and audio off and just listen to others, until you feel ready and comfortable to join in

24 hour zoom marathon meeting

Code : 292 371 2604

:hugs:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! I hope to see you and your journey here more.

1 Like

Welcome HereIAm,
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m doing the same your not alone in this journey

2 Likes

Welcome. I can’t say it will be easy, but I can say in that completly expected cliche way that it will be worth it. I hope this forum offers you something you can add to your sobriety toolbox.

2 Likes

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome,

You will find many people here who will have lived your experiences, shared your thoughts and walked many miles in your shoes. The first thing you should always bear in mind here is that we have all been where you are, some of us more than once and you are not alone. You are not the only one who has walked that long and dark path.

As a community here we support each other every step of the way, whether that is your first step or the next step on the endless road to recovery.

This is not a sprint, nor is it a marathon, it is an obstacle course, the obstacles will be every thought, choice and decision you make through every minute of every day. Take one step, one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Keep moving forward, baby steps are progress so don’t feel like you have to walk or run.

Support is always here, inspiration and comfort to be found in many peoples stories and posts. Just knowing others are feeling the same, going through the same and willing to do whatever they can to support you is a great feeling.

You are not alone, you are taking control of your life and you are in the right place to get the help and support you need.

:heart::pray::hugs:

3 Likes

Meetings will help wish you well

3 Likes

I am new here too. Barely 3 days sober the struggle is real but we can do it! I have faith in you. Have faith I yourself

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for you words!!

1 Like

Welcome! This place saved my life. Be active, be open!

2 Likes

Man I’ve only sober for a few days but I check this app every morning and every night. Sharing and reading stories about other people really helps put your sobriety into perspective. We are all burdened by the same evil in one way or another. Keep your head up avoid your triggers. You are not alone.

4 Likes

Thanks man! 3 days plus now. Untraining myself to not use alcohol to de stress. It doesn’t help and only enables the problem.

2 Likes

I’m certainly not someone to give advice because I’m only 32days without a drop of alcohol…but what’s been working for me is lots of water, cans of flavored seltzer water, pretzel sticks, hard candies, anything to keep my mind off thinking about having a beer.
Anyways it’s been working for me and I was drinking 3-4 30pks of beer a week and a bottle of Fireball for many years. I’LL TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE…YOU’LL EVENTUALLY END UP IN THE HOSPITAL DYING FROM PANCREATITIS AND LIVER ISSUES.

1 Like

Welcome. This place has lots of supportive people that hopefully are relatable. Now everything will be but this is ultimately your decision bforbyour own reasons.

God bless :pray:

1 Like