New here... Day 1

Day one…
Been a long time coming. I don’t drink every day but when I do I can’t stop at 1. I have two kids whom I adore and a loving wife whom I can’t live without. They are both at risk now because I hide my drinking and lie to my wife about it.

8 Likes

Welcome!! Lots of helpful information and reading in this thread…

Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Thank you, looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hello and welcome your making a great choice to reach out and get help… I used to hide my drug taking and the lies and guilt really isn’t any good for you or your family so maybe it’s time to have a honest talk to your wife and explain you want to be soba and how u feel when u drink at least that way your get the support you need from being at home. I found reading every thing i could on recovery really helped me get more understanding of why I couldn’t stop once I started and also checking in here each day to offload how I was coping really helps as well.

2 Likes

Welcome! I hope you stick around and are ready to feel your best!:wave::grin:

1 Like

The thread below is probably the most linked one on the forum! Thanks to @SassyRocks for starting it! There is so much info on it on how we get and stay sober. Resources for our recovery

@anon79808082, I’m :kissing_heart: seeing you post!

4 Likes

You are quite welcome!! I did enjoy putting it together…especially the list of books I have read…was a trip down memory lane.

2 Likes

I’m kind of stubborn, but it’s gotten through finally, 🤦:blush::heart:

2 Likes

Surely you are the ONLY stubborn person here. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Lol; especially those of us from New England!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha!! That’s for sure!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Change man its a better life all you need is will power to change, a gift that you already have inside of you. Good Luck

2 Likes