New here hello everyone! 😋

Hi, welcome. This is a great community for extra support and you will find lots of advice on here that can help.

God bless :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Welcome! It’s such a great community. I’m only 8 days in but everyone here is so supportive and they help me stay on track. Whenever I feel a craving start, I come on here and stay motivated. Before you know it, the days start to add up, and it feels so good! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s amazing I’m so glad to hear it! Stay strong thank you :relaxed:

Hello and welcome & good luck on your new journey :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you thank you thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Glad you’re here, Tamarah. Stick around please as this is just the beginning of a healthier and happier you!

1 Like

Thanks for that :relaxed:

Welcome, this is a great first step to a better life. Be active, it helps.

1 Like

I absolutely will thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to talking sober! You’ve found a great community. Glad you’re here.

1 Like

Thanks feels great to be here! :heart:

Hi Tamarah welcome

I don’t want to overwhelm you with all the attention but there are so many wonderful people here that are supportive.

Take it one day at a time and continue to reach out and make sure you pay attention to self care. Mostly sleep and drink lots of water.

You got this!!
God bless you

2 Likes

Thanks so very much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Tamarah and welcome!
This app and the people in it has helped me a lot to become and stay sober.
Put in the effort and it will pay you back :facepunch:
Sober for 3 years now and still here a lot but less then in the beginning of my recovery. The first year of it I was here every day.
So my advice: be here a lot to read and write.

Go get that sober life!!

2 Likes

Welcome Tuesday.
Tuesday is a great day to start your sober journey. I like that. Perfect.
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable. Lots of great stuff here.

Here are two good threads to start:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes I plan to be here often :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes absolutely :grin:

1 Like

Welcome @Tuesday
Copy n paste time (regulars will recognise this)
It’s my welcome and tips list I send to new people. Take from it anything that helps. Good luck, stay strong :muscle::muscle::muscle:

Welcome Well done for choosing sobriety.
Here’s a list of tips I’ve put together with the help of other friends on this path. Take from it anything that helps. Above all, stay here…we will help you. You’re in our boat now…the same boat we’re all in. Hope this helps:

1 Read Alcohol Explained by William Porter (you can get audio version from audible)
2 Go to as many aa meetings as you can. Listen, share if you feel OK to, engage, get phone numbers
3 Get busy. Housework, exercise, new hobby, gardening, baking, YouTube rapping, movies…anything. Don’t leave yourself any free time.
4 Be honest with yourself. Why are you stopping, how do you feel…
5 Read Alcohol Explained 2
6 stick to your decision to quit and never doubt or question it. You got it right.
7 If you do ever wobble or get tempted, ask yourself one simple question… What will it add? Will it make a good situation better? Will it make a bad situation better. My years of frequent horrid experiences have shown for me, the answer is it adds nothing and makes nothing better.
8 Stay here, keep reaching out, use your peers’ support and experience
9 help others as soon as you feel you can, even in the very early days. I’m only 13 days and honestly it’s helping me to help you. I can reread my advice to you and then reapply it to my own situation
10 Pray. Doesn’t matter if your not religious or don’t know who or what you’re praying to - I don’t, I could be praying to myself. But I’ve found over the past fortnight that getting on my knees, asking (out loud) for strength, asking for a sober day and then giving thanks for that strength and sobriety has felt extremely empowering.
EDIT: 11-14 thank you to Facebook friends:

11 Look for the fun in the journey!
12 Every day pay attention to what is improving. Even the little things, like being able to remember someone’s name after being introduced.
13. Make self care a priority; find the things that you can do to make yourself feel pampered and that will destress you in a healthy way.
14. Learn to identify and change your negative self talk.

1 Like

Wow this is a lot of great information thank you! I will definitely keep this list and print it out put it on my fridge :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like