New here - I’m on day zero 👊

Maybe try a meeting might help they helped me wish you well

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thank you for the encouraging words - I really means a lot

1 Like

Thank you so much for the encouragement - I’m more determined than ever - great to know I already have friends , I only joined this morning

Thanks for the well wishes , what a great community this is - so friendly and encouraging

Welcome Chris.
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

5 Likes

Welcome :smiley: You came to right place.

2 Likes

Welcome bud! Try to get to a meeting, they will be really kind to you and try and help you going forward :grin::paw_prints:

1 Like

Welcome! This is where I began my journey into sobriety as well and today I’m on day 59. The support here is tremendous, all you have to do is want it.

5 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

That’s amazing ! Well done

1 Like

Welcome!
I’m new here too (Day 6).
I have overused alcohol for years. Many a time I’ve promised myself i will stop. I do two days max and then reward myself with alcohol.
I know its early days but this app and this community have changed everything. I’ve had a full weekend of commitments that could have easily included alcohol and I’ve said no every time.
Don’t get me wrong it’s been hard to get to this point. Anxiety, panic, night sweats. But I feel I’m turning a corner and every day sober feels better and better.
You can do this too!
Congratulations for starting to make a change. Everyone is here for you on your journey.

3 Likes

Amazing words thank you ! And well done yourself , I’m dreading the social side as everything literally used to involve alcohol - I’m going through everything you just mentioned right now but my determination is strong - thank you

2 Likes

Take it easy just a day at a time were all in this together.:+1:

2 Likes

Chris - Welcome! So glad you have made the decision to embrace sobriety. It is truly a gift!

2 Likes

Welcome Frankie,

My experiance was getting down on myself with relapses. Don’t get down on yourself when you do but then don’t give up and keep fighting for life without alcohol. The days without alcohol will get longer. You began to enjoy it and life in general is better all while being more rested and content. Have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words - do we know each other , I noticed you called me by my nic name , well I’m over the first day and half - and still determined :facepunch:

Thank you I appreciate your kind words

1 Like

Thank you mate , appreciate the message of encouragement

1 Like

Welcome, you’re in the right place. We get it. :white_heart:

2 Likes