New here, Looking for support 🖤

Hello! I am new here, 22, from Minnesota. I’ve been sober 2 days, onto day 3, and I’ve tried doing this sober thing before, I’m looking for friendly support that isn’t super religious. I also suffer from PTSD, social anxiety and depression that was feeding into my addiction and my addiction feeding my illness. It was a bad cycle. I am hoping this time I will able to be sober a week and actually stay sober this time. Wish me luck and any words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my post.

*Edit: Thanks all for the comments of support.

15 Likes

Welcome Emilee.
Congratulations on your 2 days of freedom from your drug of choice.
This is a great sober community for help and support. I’m glad you found us.
Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.
Here are two good threads to start:

3 Likes

Welcome Emilee! Congrats on 2 days!
Unfortunately, I found luck isn’t going to keep me sober. It takes a lot of hard work and determination. This forum is one of the many tools I use on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Welcome to TS! I am so happy you found us, this forum and all the amazing people who make it up have been a solid part of my recovery. I hope you read something that keeps you coming back.

2 Likes

Best of luck in your journey! Keeps reading and posting across the community. A lot of support here so I’m confident you will find what you are looking for in this crowd. Always amazes me when people like yourself are so in tune with yourself and brave enough to tackle this issue in your early 20s (and some in their late teens). Hope you realize your decision to be sober can and will serve as an inspiration to others.

Take care and stay strong.

1 Like

Congratulations on your two days journey to recovery. Keep focusing on the reason that made you wanna quit. Keep fighting many battles can be won through, self discipline, perseverance determination, and consistency I wish you all the best and I will keep you in my prayers.

1 Like

Awesome to have you here! I’ve been suffering from alcohol addiction for the last 10 years. Have also experienced depression and anxiety. I don’t consider myself religious but I do believe in a higher power mainly within ourselves. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime and I will try to respond. It’s just after midnight here and I’m not usually up this late but I am up early in the morning and have been checking the site constantly because it is only my 5th day sober but man do I ever feel better already. I just keep scrolling and reading through posts and asking for support and it has been a lifesaver. Honestly didn’t think I’d make it to 5 days and if I can do it ,you can do it. Everyone here is stronger because of each other.

3 Likes

Hello Emilee,

Glad to see your aboard the bus, take a seat get comfy stay a while enjoy the ride.

I also suffer from PTSD & depression, so I understand it, and it seems so easy to cope with alcohol and or drugs but it’s a really bad band aid, substances are a parasite, you are the host, and those parasites will take everything right down to your life,

There is plenty of secular support around here and groups that offer a similar belief

2 Likes

Welcome! You’ve come to the right place for understanding, motivation and encouragement. You do not have to be alone on this journey.

1 Like

Same here…

1 Like

Glad you’re here :blush:

1 Like

Welcome and you can do this! Just take your time and one step at a time… you are definitely not alone.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! We are all glad you are here. Everyone here has been so supportive and amazing so far. It is definitely a great app to have especially for the encouragement.

1 Like

Keep it up it will getter better.