New here more support

New here. A week sober today. Been involved in aa and the programs for almost a year now. I continue to need support. From Canada. Happy 24

18 Likes

Hi and welcome here Maverick 🙋
Congratulations with your week sober :confetti_ball:
I’m from the Netherlands, love to visit your country some day. I’m here every day and that’s helping me a lot. I’m addicted to alcohol too.
Hope to see you around often!

3 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate the message. Its a beautiful country and the nature sure helps me. I want to visit the netherlands one day. Thats where my grandparents moved from.

I’m new here too. I’m 4 days in. Congratulations on your week!

From what I’ve seen if the app so far, it has been really awesome. Everyone is very encouraging and supportive. I hope you find the same!

5 Likes

Thanks. Looking forward to being apart of the group and the chats. And getting to know everyone

Congrats on a week sir.

1 Like

Welcome to this community of caring ppl stick around and show yourself some love.theres so much to read and even more to learn with the added bonus of making true friends along the wsy

1 Like

Welcome!!! You’ve found a wonderful community :slightly_smiling_face:
Congrats on your week and I look forward to seeing your posts :man_dancing:

2 Likes

@Maverick936 welcome here Maverick , I’m an alcoholic and I’m finding here a lot of support. Hope it will be the same for you. Have a sober day , from Italy ! :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Hi Maverick,

I’m new too, on Day 20-ish and alcohol is my DOC too. For such a long time! But I’ve been steadied by reading posts here, it’s been so helpful. I hope it’s helpful for you too. And where in Canada? I once spent a very strange week near the Comox glacier. And then another weird week near Riding Mountain National Park. And a lovely week on Cape Breton! Anyway, courage and good mojo to you. From Wyoming.

1 Like

Welcome Maverick! Glad you joined us. I am currently working on finishing my first week (ok more like finishing day 2 but it starts somewhere, right?) and so far I have found this community great. Congrats on week 1! Bring on week 2!

2 Likes

Welcome @Maverick936 great you have found your way to this app and congratulations on 1 week. I hope we all see you around and seeing your numbers growing every day. This app with these wonderful people that have become my second family is the reason why I am still sober today :blush:

4 Likes

New here two. Made 19 days then fell. Not in a bad way. Back on track we’ll done in the week. Checking in each day does help

2 Likes

How are u feeling today?

1 Like

Good thank you! You?

Good so far. About to have a coffee and do some readings

Thank u. Looking forward to chatting

1 Like

Welcome Mav, good to meet you :innocent: You’re in the right place & you’re working your recovery and that can only mean good things - you’ll get there if you stick with it. Browse around here & get to know the topics & the people, I’m sure you’ll find some that really speak to you. There are so many good people here!

Happy to meet you & looking forward to walking the journey with you.

1 Like

Thanks looking to hearing from everyone

1 Like

Thanks looking forward to chatting. Leaning on eachother is a strong tool. How are u today?

1 Like