New here not sure how to post but hope to

So im 7 days in and doing it. I find that people who are not addicted to drinking dont understand. Im trying to rid the guilt of living a double life for so long but with my support i will get there

16 Likes

Welcome Brad. And congratulations on your first week of sobriety. Great job.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome home Brad and congrats on finding other like minded people like all of us! I have found that I feel out of place nearly everywhere I go in the world except AA and this app. Finding other addicts with stinkin thinkin like myself is crucial to staying sober and connected.

I look forward to trudging this road with you!! :sunglasses::metal:t3:

5 Likes

Welcome Brad! Congrats on a full week.
You’re in a great place. We’re all just a bunch of addicts supporting each other while navigating our sober journeys. No one understands like we do.

4 Likes

Welcome Brad and congratulations with your 1 week sober :tada:
This group is filled with people who get’s it :wink: That’s one of the reasons why I’m here too.
See you around :raising_hand_woman:

4 Likes

Hey Brad! Great job on 7 days! Yay! You’ll find that there are many on here with various addictions to both behavioral and chemical addictions. You don’t have to tell us your addiction to get support :slight_smile: There are also private threads that you don’t see on here that are directed to addictions and other commonalities. Check out the magnifying glass above to do some research. And there’s always private messaging if you feel more comfortable talking to others that way. Welcome!

2 Likes

For sure, Welcome. I love this place. Great inspiration around here. Hang tough.

2 Likes

I know what you mean by double life, I lived it for years and years. It feels so good to strip away the rubbish!

2 Likes

Hey Brad, how you doing? I haven’t seen you post anything other than this topic. Hopefully, you’re reading around different threads to gain some experience, strength and hope.

1 Like

Im doing great i still have cravings of course but i will not go back there again. Thanks for checking in makes me happy to feel wanted

2 Likes

That’s wonderful. You should be really proud. Keep going and no matter what happens remember that your sobriety is worth the struggle you go through. And congratulations on your first week and a half sober!

1 Like

That makes me happy to hear you’re doing great. Those cravings will last awhile but they get much easier to handle. I like the old AA saying…“move a muscle change a thought”. Hang in there Brad, it’s all worth it. You’re going to find that life gets much better. Of course we all have bad days but it’s how we handle them that makes all the difference. Cheering for you my friend!

2 Likes

Im so happy i found this site everyone is so helpful i do hope to help people aa well pay it forward

3 Likes