New here this is my story, humble, seeking support

Hi all,

My first post.

I’ve been using cocaine after alcohol since I’ve tried it 7 years ago. I turned 30 in january. Alchohol is the gateway. If I dont use coke i drink compulsively. I decided to face I have an emptiness that I seek to fill with alcohol or
Drugs in general. I’ve basically tried every drug except crack and heroine.
Done a lot of them.
I have a great boyfriend, great job, great family, i really dont want to sabotage my life.
I’ve been 7 days sober. Doing a lot of therapy which I’ve started a couple years ago, managed to stay off
Coke for a a couple of months but would always somehow fall back in.
Peace and love.
Ziggy

13 Likes

Welcome Ziggy! So glad you found us. There’s many of us on here that can relate in some way. I started doing coke so I could drink more and stay up all night partying on weekends. Then it turned into needing it just to get all my nightly family duties done after a long day of work followed by a lot of drinking to come down and get sleep to do it all over again the next day. I’m so happy to be done with that vicious cycle of hell. I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you.

4 Likes

Welcome Ziggy.
Congratulations on your 7 days. This is a great place to get support.
Have a good read around here. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Hey Ziggy welcome to TS!
Lots of inspiring stories to get you through tough times, I hope you stick around.
:heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much :pray:t2:

1 Like

Thank you much for the sweet welcome. Will read the stories! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I can relate. So happy to have found this space. :pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome and nice to meet you. Good job. Every day sober is one to celebrate. We are all doing this together. Always great people here to keep you going. We can make it.

1 Like

Hi Ziggy, welcome here :raising_hand_woman:
This app has helped me a lot in my recouvery, I hope it will do the same for you.
See you around!

2 Likes

How are you doing @Ziggystar?

Amen and amen.

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for checking in.
Today I completed 2 weeks no alcohol.
Its been good. I’m very irritated and crying all the time, but I think thats part of the adjustment.

How are you?

Best,

2 Likes

Hi there! I guess the name is a David Bowie reference? Two weeks is great! Glad to hear you are doing therapy, drugs and alcohol are often just a way to mask some pain, and that needs to be addressed. Are you doing some specific sobriety activities? When I first started, I did an online program called Annie Grace’s alcohol experiment (free) and you have daily videos and homework to learn about alcohol and what it does. But googling any sobriety podcast, reading any sobriety book would help. And I am sure there are drug specific ones too. Good luck!

I’m happy to hear you’re doing well. 2 weeks is awesome! You should be really proud of yourself. The crying is normal and all part of the adjustment process.

I’ve been in a funk all weekend but I know it will pass. Just riding the waves. It’s all part of life and I know everyday isn’t going to be great. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Hey Lisa how are you doing?

Wanted to share with you I’ve been sober 21 days.

Today I had a great day. So happy to be away from drugs and alcohol. No words can express how my body seems to be grateful.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Congrats on your 21 days clean and sober, thats pretty awesome :+1: