New hobbies in sobriety

Looking for new hobbies to start in my sobriety journey

2 Likes

Lots of great threads about hobby ideas here. I found some links for you to check out. And welcome to the community!

Sober Hobbies

Share your hobbies

2 Likes

Welcome to TS @Brian-M90
Have a good read around, thereare many threads on hobbies in general and special threads where people share about music, DIY, crafting, all sorts of sports, meditation, reading, gardening and many more!
Feel free to join and participate.

I picked up knitting again before christmas after decades, not for sobriety reasons but because I thought it would be fun to try it again. It is!
Are there hobbies you liked? Tell us a bit about if.
This one is for us who read a lot :grin:

1 Like

Welcome @Brian-M90! If you search “hobbies” in the search bar there’s lots of good threads about that over the last few years. Here’s one with a good number of replies:

Enjoy the journey! Keep us posted :+1:

1 Like

Here’s another favorite thread that expands on the idea of finding hobbies and friends.

3 Likes

I started doing word searches!:wink: I love them. I’m not a crafty person, however I really wish I was!:grin:

1 Like

Gardening is a good one good for the body mind and spirit

3 Likes

Thanks very much. 6 months in sobriety after a twelve week treatment. Social anxiety is starting to subside and starting to enjoy life again. Based in southern ireland

1 Like

I race virtually(sim racing) to keep my mind occupied

1 Like

Woodworking and painting are two of my favorites, along with gardening and just about anything outdoors.

Perler beads, scrapbooking, wood burning, making music, recording artistic videos, writing a book, coloring, video games, witchcrafttttttt lol . These are just some of my interests I’m echoing