New Irish girl here

Hi,
I’m an artist, poet, runner and mum on day one of my recovery. I also have bipolar disorder so shouldn’t be drinking on my meds. It’s not that I drank alot really but I drank most days, quickly and easily. Also I was becoming dishonest about what I was drinking, hiding bottles and so on. I have a very supportive brother who lives a good distance away but we had a heart to heart last night and because of that I am attending an online AA meeting Thursday night. My husband is not supportive but I think that’s because it calls his own drinking into question. Anyway, nice to meet you

15 Likes

Hey! I’m on day 2, and a bit of reading here has already shown me what a great community this is. Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome @Deepoet to Talking Sober!!!

Your situation is the same as so many others here.
You’ve found a great community of people.
Look at the posts and read. You will get the hang of it quickly.

Congratulations on Day 1!!! It is the hardest.
:confetti_ball: :tada: :sun_with_face: :+1: :clap: :boom: :robot:

2 Likes

Im a 1/4 Irish. My brother and his girlfriend went there on vacation last year. Id love to go

You should come, it’s really beautiful.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Welcome! It’s lovely to meet you. You’re in a good community here with lots of us in recovery - including a bunch with various psychiatric diagnoses, including bipolar or (in my case) ADHD.

Recovery is absolutely the most rewarding journey in the world. You have courage and commitment to take this step. Keep walking your path, seek support from recovery groups & peers in recovery, and never give up - and you will reach your goal.

I found this thread really useful in my early days, for learning more, and for finding others in recovery. Maybe it will help you too:
Resources for our recovery

Welcome to Talking Sober!

1 Like

Hello @Deepoet and @Coffee_please! @Matt referenced the same link I recommend, the resources for our recovery. Lots of great stuff there!

Blessings on your houses as you begin your recovery :pray:

2 Likes

@SinceIAwoke thank you!

Thanks @Conor689908, feeling good at the moment but I worry that my personality tends to change, I swing from vegan to meat eater and from thinking sober is the way to go to dying for a drink! I hope I don’t change again. Any tips that I could tell myself if I change?

1 Like

Good for you to take control
You got this girl :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Thanks I will

Welcome and congratulations on making the first step! You are going to be encouraged and uplifted by coming here. It has helped me so far. Day 26 for me :pray:

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step.

I encourage you to spend time on this forum early on in your journey as it really helped me especially in those first few months.
Best of luck to you.
You can do this!

1 Like