New Job, A Milestone In My Recovery

So I started working a new job cleaning a beautiful Victorian mansion that is being used as a high end Bed n Breakfast. So far I really love it and I just wanted to toot my own horn for a second because I feel really positive about the job and where my recovery is over all right now. It’s only been a couple of weeks since my last relapse but as soon as I slipped I got back up and didn’t wallow in it for weeks or months or years like I have in the past. Pretty proud of myself and loving life right now. Here is a picture of the Mansion. :heart:

12 Likes

That is one freakin beautiful house! It’s a b&b too, I bet they got it pimped out on the inside. I restore antique furniture and build cabinets for a living, every time I pull up at a house like that I get excited lol.

2 Likes

Congrats. It’s always nice to get perspective on our lives outside the fog of our addiction. I’m glad you shared this. It’s not really tooting your own horn it’s sharing the progress that recovery starts to bring

2 Likes

Congrats on your sobriety and your new job. That looks like a lovely place to be working. Victorian homes are so interesting when they haven’t been tinkered with too much.

Saratoga Springs is a gorgeous town…lucky you!!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Keep getting after it!

1 Like

Thank you all :heart: I am really grateful for the job and the clean time