New sobriety and relearning to live

Having a rough day at work. My pain is making me a little irritated. Any advice on coping would be greatly appreciated xoxo

I’m happy for you Hollz. You are taking steps day by day for your sobriety and you are building strength. You have a reservoir of courage that is as deep as the ocean; I know you will find what you need :innocent:

2 Likes

Thank you @Matt. I’m trying the best I can. I suppose it’s back to the basics, one day at a time

2 Likes

This is my one year ago to date and believe me when I say I was at rock bottom then but had to keep digging myself deeper. I was homeless drinking myself to death had been let go of my job because of my drinking. Things were bad. I looked at this and looked at myself now and where I’m at in my life… And that is one of the proudest moments in my life, knowing I’m not the woman in this picture anymore

4 Likes

My youngest daughter wanting to spend time with me. See me!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Hey Hollz the next step is to get asupport system in place either sober friends,family or an AA group. I got 16 months now and it is a struggle to not hang around my friends who still drink. They understand and respect my choice. Here’s another thing alcohol wrecks havoc on your liver. I was recently diagnosed with cirrosis. Please remember that theirs going to be days when your feeling down and alcohol sounds like a idea to feel better, but it just masks it keep up the good work .

1 Like

Everyday I become more grateful for every single day I make it another day without taking a drink.

6 Likes

A haunting reminder of what devastating effects drinking has on our bodies. I lost another relative Sunday to alcoholism, kidney failure and cirrhosis was in hospice care for only 3days just 45years young. I wish you well on your recovery that you have the strength to keep fighting the good fight we just have to make it 24hours at a time🙏

1 Like

Today was trying. The pain has been out of control. And I had to stop and get cigarettes and there was alcohol everywhere… I stopped in the middle of a crowded carry out and said the lord’s prayer not once but three times out loud and looking crazy as hell I’m sure to everyone around me begged god to give me the strength to walk out… I did but I am seriously having issues with this pain. I go to the surgeon tomorrow but I second guessed myself today and it was scary. It was a violent shove into the reality that if I’m not careful especially with all that’s happening with me right now I could very easily be an idiot and relapse first and then feel all those shitty feelings later smh I JUST NEED HELP RIGHT NOW :pensive::sweat::broken_heart:strong text

3 Likes

Think about all the hard work and everything your gaining back that you could all throw away! God will look over you and get you through the tryi g times🙏your not alone were all rooting for you

2 Likes

It just hurts so bad and I don’t feel like I’m feeling it thinking like my usual self. I hate feeling like this. I just want to pain to go away. And it’s always like I take five steps forwards and get kicked ten steps back

You did what you had to do to get out of the store. You kept what was sacred safe. You are still sober and that is all that matters. If we are being honest fuck what the others thought. You have to think of you first not what some people you don’t even know think of you.
You want the pain to go away, it’s understandable and it will for now. BUT For only now. And tomorrow you will regret and have to restart your counter. Find something to busy yourself or go to sleep.

2 Likes

I have to head to bed but I hope you are sober and stay that way until tomorrow because tomorrow will be better :heart::heart:

3 Likes

There are always obstacles in life. … plain and simple.

You get to choose how to handle them.

Up until now your choice was to mask those problems with alcohol.

Today you chose not too. I am proud of you and you should be proud of yourself to.

Tomorrow you will get the same opportunity to make choices. You are going to learn so much about yourself and grow if you choose to face your obstacles and triumphs with a sober mind.

3 Likes

I’m getting up for the day and just wanted to check on you Holly. Wishing you a wonderful day and sending you all the positive vibes

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: all of you. I indeed prayed and went to sleep. Time to take on another day. (Maybe stay away from carry outs for the time being lol) one thing I do know is I’m so glad I walked my ass out of that store and didn’t drink. Someone is watching over me. And I’m grateful.

4 Likes

I was thinking. Do you have a tobacco store? I bet they wouldn’t sell alcohol and you could get your cigs

1 Like

Actually yes I’ve never been to any of them but now would be a great time to start

1 Like

Thinking of you Hollz. Take care and don’t lose faith in yourself and your journey. You are moving forward even when you may not see it.

Have you ever explored meditations and mindfulness on pain? I use Insight Timer a lot and they have a good selection:

https://insighttimer.com/meditation-topics/painmanagement

The app is free to download and I believe many can be listened to in your browser as well if you’re on another platform.

Pain is suffering. Suffering is not something we pursue, but it also doesn’t have to be something we run from or escape. You can own your pain and find a way to be present and living your life, in all its depth and richness. It’s your life and you deserve to live it fully and to see and appreciate its beauty and wisdom :innocent:

3 Likes

I decided yesterday I was going to get to know me a little bit so I have signed on for some extra things in my life to help me deal with me. There are things that do bother me. My sons birthday dinner was moved because my family didn’t feel like the restaurant was “a safe” place for me :unamused: it wasn’t about me, what I do feel it was about was enjoying dinner with me son and having self control to just say no thank you but if I’m wrong let me know

2 Likes