New to all of this!

Feeling a little overwhelmed today. It is my 4th day completely sober. I have been taking Suboxone the past year and a half, ( on my own with no medical professional help) Shame is mostly what has prevented me from seeking professional help. I had been using opioids off and on since I was 16 and I’m now 26. The longest I was clean during that period was about 6months before relapsing back in 2013. I some how have been able to maintain a full-time job, get promoted, and find a healthy relationship with my boyfriend of almost 5 years now during this nightmare. I kept my addiction a big secret from my boyfriend for years up until last year when I just couldn’t lie and sneak around anymore. Thankfully he wasn’t judgmental and has been extremely supportive of me since! Cannot wait to feel “normal” again. Still trying to remember what that even feels like. Feels like a huge relief to be able to be open and honest! :heart:

8 Likes

Welcome, Brittany! Great job, I’m glad you’re here! :raising_hand_woman::heart:

1 Like

Thank you Soo much! It feels good to not feel alone during all of this! :heart:

2 Likes

You’re definitely not alone. There’s lots of folks here who have been where you are, read around and feel free to ask anything.
Idk much about opioids but you’ll find people here who do.
I’m so glad you’re doing this; you have your whole life ahead of you and making the best decision!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Getting a little emotional! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for the encouragement! I intend to use this app to not only help myself but to help other people in the same terrible whirl wind that I wouldn’t wish onto anyone!

1 Like

That’s exactly the spirit here! I have no doubt you will too…

2 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober, Brittany! Here’s a link to a great thread Resources for our recovery that can help you pick a tactic or a program and really gain some ground on your sobriety. I hope you stick around, because sober is better, I can attest to that!

1 Like

Welcome Brittany! This forum has been a huge success for my recovery. The support here is amazing. Opiods are my DOC and coming off them was pure hell. I’m 327 days clean and I’ll never go back. I wish you the best on your journey.

4 Likes

Thank you Soo much! :heart::heart:

You are not alone. Keep pushing. We can push through it together💗

1 Like

Thank you and That’s amazing! You’re almost to a year! And yes I’ve heard of ppl using apps like these to help and was more than willing to try anything at this point. Today was better than yesterday. Just hoping for some actual consecutive sleep tonight! :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you! :heart: :muscle: Doing my damnedest!

Welcome Brittany!!! Glad you are here!!

1 Like

I’m on my fourth day too.
I have been posting/talking to people the last few days on here and it has actually helped! I’m a mess but at least no one is judging! I’m here if you need to talk.

1 Like

we’ve all been there, so zero judgment for your being there now.

“It seems difficult in the beginning, because everything is difficult in the beginning.”

-Miyomoto Musashi-

1 Like

Welcome to the family! This is a great first step.

1 Like

I feel you. It is extremely refreshing to be able to be open and honest. Instead of trying to hide it and feeling shameful. On day six now! Keep fighting! :muscle::heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I think so too❤️