New to the group and just got my first 7 days

I’ve never joined any type of sober community, attended an AA meeting or shared my dependence on alcohol. I’ve been reading all the supportive posts and finally mustered the nerve to post. Today I reached my 7 day milestone. I feel excited, proud and a little nervous but I’m grateful for this forum because it’s a safe space for me to share!

11 Likes

Welcome here and good to hear you have 7 days. This is a great to place to share with like minded people. Know now you are not alone and we are all here for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Huge congrats on your 7 days! One week - that first week - is a massive accomplishment. I hope you are proud!

I’m grateful for this forum too. :pray: If you ever feel like sharing gratitude, please wander on into to the Gratitude Thread. The lights are usually on and the coffee’s not so bad :wink: and we’re all happy to welcome fellow Gratidudes!

The Checking in Daily thread is another good one. Wherever you post - I’m looking forward to sharing more sober days with you! :orange_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Truly, it was only after reading all the supportive, encouraging and understanding posts that I was able to jump in! I will definitely be checking out the other groups. :heart:

1 Like

Hi @oneatatime, it’s lovely to meet you. Great work on 7 days, that first week is a tough one. I look forward to hearing more from you, welcome to the family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome!! :hugs::tada::pray:

1 Like

AA meetings will help you on your sober journey wish you well

2 Likes