New year, new moderators!

Hi Talking Sober community,

We’re opening up spots on the moderator team. Ideally, we’re looking for someone who has at least a year sober and who can keep calm and make fair judgments.

What moderators do:

• They evaluate flagged posts. They agree or disagree that a post is inappropriate when flagged.
  • They respond to direct messages from members who need assistance
  • They tidy up and organize the forum when they see it is needed
  • They provide advice and guidance to new members
  • They show off their cool mod badge everywhere they post

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about moderation here on Talking Sober.

As in the past, we are doing this on a volunteer basis. Members need to volunteer themselves, and while it’s nice to see that other members recommend or encourage each other to be mods, those won’t be considered unless the person does it themself. We’ll discuss each person who nominates themself on an individual basis, but generally, it’s a good idea (for you and for the community) if you have a decent amount of sobriety. Experience helps a lot when dealing with the many newcomers we tend to see.

If you feel that this is something that would be good for you and your recovery and that you can make a meaningful difference here, leave a post below or message any of the moderators and you’ll be considered for the position. I’ll leave the applications open for a while, so take your time and think it over.

21 Likes

Just give the badge to @HoofHearted

oh, and @SassyRocks. I’ve always thought she’d make a superb moderator.

20 Likes

Typically I’ve not been interested, but I am this time around. Long term member, sober, well aware of the rules, much less shitty of an attitude are my qualifications

Also, @SassyRocks likes me :rofl:

35 Likes

Dropping names huh? :laughing:

14 Likes

Just shows ya I’m serious about it hahaha. Also I spend more time here than most and read a shit ton of posts.

@Dan531 also probably doesn’t dislike me

13 Likes

And please don’t hesitate to ask here or by PM if you have questions about moderating. :blush:

8 Likes

Is it a lifelong appointment?

7 Likes

Perhaps more like an emeritus position. :blush: Or until you get laid off.

Edited to add…or until you resign.

7 Likes

Who do we have for current mods on board?

5 Likes

@Lisa07
@SassyRocks
@Mno
@Misokatsu
@Dan531
@RosaCanDo

19 Likes

Fantastic list! Thank you! :heart:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind being of service here, this forum has been wonderful to me and my recovery. :blush:

30 Likes

Ha! How’s that going :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Yes yes to this :point_right: @HoofHearted !

I also don’t think we could go wrong with any one of these fine folks: @Starlight14, @TrustyBird, and @Cjp.

And of course - huge thanks to past and present mods! :orange_heart:

12 Likes

I think I’ll add my name to be considered for moderator.

jeff-bridges-agent-champagne

The hat is in the ring…

34 Likes

Hell yeah @HoofHearted

13 Likes

Great suggestions, what about you???

8 Likes

I am 100% honored to be considered here. Thank you, I also agree with @Dan531 that you would make a good mod. I’m taking myself out of the conversation this year though. I think I’m still too thin skinned to read some of the tough stuff.
I do very much appreciate all that you mods do. Especially this time of year with so many new folks. @Lisa07 I see you sorting posts right and left.

16 Likes

GULP.

Um, I set the intention of reducing/better managing my screen time in 2024 (she writes, knowing that she was looking forward to a Friday night catching up on her fave threads)

I’m going to give this some good thought though. Either as moderator or as member, this community is dear to me, and integral to my sobriety and recovery.

Now this reads like a gratitude thread post… Hey, do mods get to put their own posts in the derailment thread?! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks @Dan531 and @TrustyBird. :orange_heart:

15 Likes

No pressure. You know whats best. Just saying.

6 Likes