New Years Eve & New Years Day 2023

What are you all doing to stay sober New Years Eve? Not going out is obviously a safe answer. There is no excuse for anyone to drink that night if they actually desire sobriety and have friends who respect their sobriety.

What are your sober plans?

24 Likes

Sparkling water for me. Luckily my friend group is full of pregnant people so there are lots of options and few questions. My big thing is that I never want to stay up late when sober, so having to be at a party until the wee hours with my husband is frustrating but I’ll manage. I’ve done it before!

17 Likes

They are having a round the clock aa meetings new years eve to new years day. Imma hit up a few meetings

11 Likes

That is a great idea!

6 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: Could you maybe tell your hubby that all the other pregnant women there are getting on your nerves as an excuse to leave earlier if needed? :wink::wink::wink::wink:

5 Likes

I’ll be staying home. I volunteered to work the morning shift in New Year’s Day, which will keep me sober NYE and made my coworkers happy- double win

19 Likes

Well that is a very nice thing of you to do.

6 Likes

We’re going to spend it with my family, who are kind considerate people and won’t be a bother even if they’re drinking and who support my sobriety. It will be fun, and my sleep schedule is still messed up from an extra long weather related winter break so it shouldn’t even be awful for me to stay up late! I’m looking forward to spending time with my family, and ringing in a new, sober, successful year. :heart:

9 Likes

That is so nice that you have supportive people to spend it with!

6 Likes

Going to a Meeting Hogmanay then off to a Ceilidh will be dancing the gay Gordons and many more ,my kilt will be swinging and the boys swinging free

23 Likes

That is awesome!

6 Likes

I am watching a movie and going to bed early alcohol free :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Well im at work so pretty safe there.
Ive never been a fan of NYE celebrations though so feeling ok about it. I AM looking forward to 2023 though, i love the new year its like a fresh start in life and at least this year i have a good footing unlike previous years :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Good for you!

5 Likes

You have always been a super gal Jen!

5 Likes

I will be with my friends, they know that I won’t drink, as usual. I will bring some sodas. My only plan is my will

8 Likes

In Japan New Years is family time, not party time, so easy to stay sober. But going to try to keep the kids awake to go to a shrine to ring the bells asap after it strikes 12 for luck.

15 Likes

IV always spent new years with my kids.
My son is 20 now so isn’t too interested in watching movies with me… I’m very lucky he is so sensible and had plans to stay home and doesn’t drink or smoke.
My daughter is missed greatly but I will be home and sober looking forward to a family dinner on new years day as Xmas we couldn’t all meet.

15 Likes

My husband and I have plans to hang out with our friends at their house. We have planned a multicultural pot luck. I am lucky to have friends that respect my decision and do not get pressured into drinking. I always make sure i have something besides water to drink when i go to a function.

11 Likes

We are headed to our neighbors/friends house for an early countdown with the kids - home by 830! My friends all know I don’t drink and respect it. I have a team run at 9 am on 1/1 too… gonna feel great to be one of the few well rested and not hungover :innocent:

13 Likes