New Years Eve & New Years Day 2023

Yes, overall I am exceedingly lucky, and grateful for the life I’ve been given.

4 Likes

This is an excellent question for everyone to work on.

The hubby and I will be home from our vacation by Saturday evening. So it will be that first lovely evening home and early to bed for me.

I’m looking forward to an early morning walk on January 1 to welcome myself to a new year!

11 Likes

Heading to FL right now to attend my older son’s engagement party tomorrow night. That will possibly be a drinkfest. I don’t care. No temptation. NYE we will still be in FL with both sons and significant others. Nice dinner out planned. No drinking for me. Celebrating an entire calendar year of continuous sobriety.

14 Likes

I will be treating it as a regular day. But will also start my new lifestyle change. Excited to get started on the new me.

6 Likes

Wow interesting. What includes this lifestyle change? (if you want to share)

3 Likes

Very good thread.

I’m still working on mine. I’ll be at the same place I always have been, with family and with plenty of champagne and drinks to go around on that evening. We’re all at the same beach house.

What changed is just that for the past 8 months I discovered that alcohol does not make any situation better for me, and has the potential to make things go very wrong very, very fast. I just need to keep my list of why I don’t drink anymore in my pocket and on my mind come midnight.

My family will have their drinks. I may pop the champagne for them - and fill my glass with soda.

I actually think this would make me happy with myself and my parents very happy as well. A good start of the new year.

A mindset of an early morning run on the 1st will also be on my to-do list :blush::dizzy:

10 Likes

Enjoy your time here, it’s been beautiful weather. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I pretty much always lived in a city and yet I’ve never been much for NYE. I always saw it as a night when everyone who doesn’t go out all year goes out; I’m not a fan of crowds. I also don’t like to be on the roads knowing so many people are under the influence. I love making food, putting on some comfy clothes and watching a movie! Getting up fresh and early the next day without a hangover and having the world to myself because everyone else is sleeping in!
I hope everyone has a great New Years and they get everything they wish for in 2023!! Thank you all for being here. :people_hugging:

10 Likes

To stay off alcohol first. Diet. Exercise. Save money. Pay off credit cards. Be Positive. More religion.

7 Likes

AA meeting and potentially dance. Hope to be home by 9 or 10 so im not dodging drunk drivers and cops. Then i found a guided meditation class in the AM where you set intentions for the new year and let go of negative self talk. Im excited.

10 Likes

Same as I do most New Year’s… Not much.
Go to bed well before midnight. Eat something nice, maybe.

I’ve never cared much for New Year’s parties so whether sober or back in the drinking days I didn’t head out much.
The crowds, the noise, the inconvenience… all crap.

I do like the quiet of New Year’s Day though. That’s nice.

11 Likes

I’ll be working. NYE is our biggest night and so its all hands on deck. I’ll be driving home late at night so I’ll need to be sober. I got ya’ll in my back pocket too!

11 Likes

This sums it up pretty well …

18 Likes

This. Is. AWESOME!!! :tada:

8 Likes

Im going to do some cleaning, hopefully some art.

I also have plans to make pasta - cream sauce of cheddar and blue cheese, spinach, mushroom, and roasted cherry tomato. With ginger ale or seltzer cocktails or st. But im excited about this pasta.

Lucky to be one of those people that always wants to be alone.

8 Likes

Art? Please elaborate…

1 Like

10 Likes

That sounds delicious! I just might make it too.

First time bringing in the the year sober since 19 I am now 44

10 Likes

My first one in 20 years. I plan on checking in often

9 Likes