New Years Eve & New Years Day 2023

Me and my partner always stay in for NYE.

This year we have a friend staying with us for the weekend. So far today we went out for a nice breakfast, went for a walk up on the moors, had some brownies and crisps when we got in. Just watched an Andre Rieu performance with his orchestra and I am looking up tickets to see him in Maastricht next summer. Him and his orchestra is just amazing! Rest of our evening is chilling in front of the TV and having some food in a bit. Perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I have covid so I guess the universe is helping me stay sober lol

7 Likes

Early night for me im working the early shift in the morning instead of my usual late shift as i swapped the girl doing the early so she can go out tonight and come in later tomorrrow, im also picking a co worker up and taking the nightshift worker home as there will be no public transportā€¦Kelā€™s taxi!

7 Likes

Trackies all the way! Living the dream :laughing:

3 Likes

I am at home eating ice cream and drinking green tea, Happy New Year, i have an hour to go until midnight in France

10 Likes

Here goes day one, itā€™s not an easy journey but together we can do it!! Hereā€™s to months and months of sobriety! Happy new year to you all!!

13 Likes

Happy New Year and good on you for day 1

5 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman: Today is a great place to start :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I will be spending it with my lovely family! Watching g movies and having snackā€™s :smiley:

6 Likes

For the past few years, Iā€™ve been toasting the new year with my son (now 14) at midnight with our crystal champagne glasses - cream soda in his and kombucha in mine.

10 Likes

Congrats and welcome! Happy new year.

Here Iā€™ll be stopping by my buddyā€™s house. See him and their newborn. Bring over some games and probably eat some junk food. :sweat_smile: Says heā€™s gotta make some traditional new years food. :thinking:

And count our blessings!

5 Likes

I will be doing a new puzzle while watching the ball drop with Juno my dog. A repeat of last years 1st sober new year. And of course, checking in here. :star2::pray::tada: Thank you for the post. It makes such a difference knowing Iā€™m not alone.

11 Likes

13 Likes

I will be the designated driver for my girlfriend and some of her friends. Going to one those fancy dress up parties with live music and delicious food. A grand time will be had by all.

*this is my 6th new yearā€™s sober. Iā€™ve put in a lot of work in order to attend these types of events. I am acutely aware there will be alcohol all over the place. I am NOT worried about that. The 10th step promises have come true for me and regarding alcohol I am in a place of neutrality.

This is not something I would have remotely considered my first 2-3 sober new years.

Thank you @SassyRocks for making sure Iā€™m not an idiot

13 Likes

Think you missed a not in thereā€¦

Have an absolute blast!! And thanks for safely driving for others!!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am cracking up. But others might not be

4 Likes

About you being an idiot? I crack up about that all the time!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ka-boom! :tada:

6 Likes

:wink: :joy:
Youā€™re cracking me up.
NYE plansā€¦usually go out for early dinner, but just not interested this time. So, Iā€™m staying home and chilling all day. I did clean out a kitchen cupboard.
Iā€™m so glad I donā€™t have fomo anymore.

4 Likes

I am sure I provide you plenty of chances

1 Like

Unfortunately not. :crazy_face: Seriously, have a fabulous time with J and her friends tonight! Looking forward to some glam shots.

Please drive safely! Grandmother speaking here! :mx_claus:

1 Like